Chapter 3- One Chapter Ends

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating for a while. I'll try to update a few more times this week since its Spring Break. Thank you all for reading!  Anna

               I felt comfortable warmth on my face and opened my eyes. It was weird since it was February and the sun was shining so brightly. I saw that I had forgotten to close my shades last night. Smiling to myself, I got up and stretched.

“I’m 18 and finally free”, I thought to myself.

Walking over to my closet, I quickly chose my outfit which consisted of dark wash high-waisted short with studs on the back pockets, a simple floral shirt, and my navy blue Converse. After getting dressed, I went into the bathroom and put my long brown hair into a messy fishtail braid and put on minimal makeup which consisted of brown eyeliner, mascara, and a little bit of lips cream.

I tiptoed down the stairs slowly not to wake anyone up, but walked into the kitchen to find my mother there.

“Happy Birthday sweetie!” she said quietly and gave me a hug and kiss. “I have some important things to tell you.”

When both of us sat down and I started eating breakfast she told me.

“You’re going to London.”

I literally choked on my cereal. “What?”

“You’re going for the rest of the school year on an internship to a music studio there and will be taking music courses at Oxford University. Your counselor at school agreed since you were a straight a student and I as well as your father thought that you really deserve it.”

I stared at her and my spoon fell into my bowl.

“Oh, and did I mention you are going with Emma?”

I stared some more.

“Oh! I almost forgot!” She got up from her chair and got two envelopes from the counter. “These are for you. Happy Birthday.”

I slowly opened the first one, not looking at what it said on the front. I saw a shiny silver card with my name on it. “A credit card! Mom I can’t believe it!” I exclaimed.

“You are already more than responsible to have one. Now open the other envelope.”

I carefully opened the other envelope, which looked a bit smaller. What could be in there that is so good? I slid two tickets out and my eyes drifted to only one word. AVICCII.

“MOM! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!” I was jumping up and down and pulled her into a hug.

“I can’t believe this! This is way too much! Are you sure?”

               “I’m positive. You fully deserve it. And by the way, you leave tomorrow.”

***************

               “Happy Birthday Alex!!!” my blonde-Hired friend greeted me. “Get the news? Do you have any idea of how much I LOVE your mom?”

“Haha, thanks. You’ll meed to come over my house tonight for cake after you pack. We leave tomorrow, you know that, right?”

“Of course I do. I already have everything packed.”

“What?”

“Don’t worry,” she laughed. “I made you a list of things to take.”

I breathed in a sigh of relief and started walking to homeroom.

***************

“Have fun on your trip and I wish you all the best for the future!” Mr. Finn told me as I left ninth period. I was done with school. Complete. Never coming back. I smiled to myself as I walked to the front doors putting my earpods in and tuned to some Afrojack. I looked back one last time.

As one chapter ends, and new one is about to begin in my life.