Chapter 1

Hey guys! Welcome back to my crappy stories. This is a fresh slate, though, so maybe it'll be good? Idk, I just kind of made it up. This one is rated mature, so idk if I need a TW warning, but I'll do one anyways. TW: abuse, violence, rape, language etc. Thanks so much readers, and enjoy!

I awoke with a start, my head banging against the floor that I was forced to sleep on in my brothers' bedroom. I curled her legs into herself, it was freezing! 

"Elle, you awake?" 

"Yeah, I'm awake Jackson," I replied.

Jackson sat straight up and down in his bottom bunk. His ruffled-from-sleep brown hair stuck out at odd angles, and his green eyes had purple bags beneath them.

"Did you sleep at all last night?"  I asked. "You look awful."

"Gee, thanks," he said sarcastically.

"I-I didn't mean it like t-that I-"

"I know what you meant, Elle, and no, I didn't sleep last night." Jackson rested his head in his hands.

"Who didn't sleep well last night?" I heard a voice say from the twin bed.

"Good morning, Noah."

"Morning," Noah rubbed sleep out of his hazel eyes, and ran a hair through his brown hair. "Did anyone check so see if dad was awake?"

"No but-" Jackson started, but was cut off.

"YOU KIDS BETTER GET YO LAZY ASSES DOWN HERE!" a voice shouted so loud that Matthew, the heaviest sleeper, woke up.

"s'that?" 

"Nothing, Matthew, It's just dad, we gotta go down stairs," Noah said, getting out of bed. We all followed after him, rushing down the stairs before our dad got mad about us getting there slowly.

We all stood before my dad, a 5'10 man with a scruffy beard, a tank top that was too small for his fat body, and a pair of black sweat pants. I could smell the drugs from here.

Noah easily was taller, but dad was a lot larger than little skinny Noah. Matthew was about the same height, but was still a lot smaller, even with his muscular frame.

Jackson and I were out of the picture, both of us being skinny and small for our age.

"Well? It's 7:50, I said be awake at 7:30 for chores," our dad tapped his foot impatiently.

"But it's the weekend and it's only twenty mi-" Matthew was cut off by a smack across the face.

"WHAT I SAY GOES IN THIS HOUSE!"

"Yes." we all said in unison, afraid to get hit. Matthew was rubbing his cheek, tears in his hazel eyes.

"Go clean your room, and I don't want to hear from you until lunch!" His fists were balled up.

"But what about breakfast..?" I asked in a squeaky voice.

Suddenly, I was pinned against the wall, held up by my throat. I tried to kick my father in the gut, but I couldn't breathe, let alone kick him. 

"You won't eat, you hear me?" He said, pressing my neck deeper into the wall. I saw Matthew and Noah trying to pry him off me, but failed.

He dropped me just as I thought I was going to black out, and I crumpled to the floor, coughing and wheezing, and curled my knees into my chest. 

"Get up, you lazy bitch," My dad kicked me in the side, and I scrambled to get up, and Noah pulled me to his side, standing protectively in front of me. 

"Go upstairs, and get away, and maybe no lunch for you, because of the little stunt Elle pulled."

I rushed up the stairs behind Jackson, Matthew and Noah on my heels. As Noah closed the door, I collapsed on my "bed" (aka, blankets on the floor), trying to hold in my tears. Noah came behind me and wrapped me in a hug.

He didn't say anything for a long time, but I just leaned into him, and closed my eyes, losing track of time. Finally, he spoke. "C'mon, we gotta clean up." I got up, rubbing my eyes. I began to clean up my bed, trying to ignore my grumbling stomach.

Sorry this chapter was short, next POV will be from Noah's POV!!

660 words