Chapter 11

Ola guys... I can't think of anything to say other than 1, thanks to any readers!! this isn't a great story, so yk, thank you sm!! 2, it's from Matthew's pov soo yk we love that. Enjoy baes.

I got so scared when Elle texted me during lunch.

She never texted me during school.

And what did she mean "our secret had been spilled"? The fact though that she went to the principal's office after though worried me.

I showed Noah the texts while we were at lunch, and he seemed just as worried.

The intercom buzzer went off Leena Scobell and Matthew and Noah Solace please come to the office, you'll be leaving, thank you.

Why were we leaving early? Better yet, why was Leena leaving too? Why would we go with her? I shot Noah a look, and he looked just as confused as I felt. I gathered up my stuff and headed to the office, where Mrs. Scobell was signing the three of us out.

"Just go get into the car, guys, I'll be right out." She said, looking at me knowingly. I walked behind Leena as she led us to the car, and got into the front seat. Noah and I climbed into the middle row, and I realized Elle, Tanner, and Walker were behind us, and Elle looked like she had been crying.

"Elle, what's wrong?" I could see she was shaking from here, and that was never good.

Her breaths were ragged and forced, like she was on the verge of a panic attack.

"I-I don't know.." she started crying again, and Walker wrapped an arm around my sister, trying to comfort her. 

Then Mrs. Scobell got into the car. She pulled the car out of park and pulled out of the lot, not saying anything.

"Mom, why are we taking the Solace's home with us?" Tanner spoke behind me.

"Oh, there is just something going on at their home and the school asked me to take them home today. We'll pick up Jackson as well too, if you were wondering." I could tell that was aimed at Noah, who nodded and stared out the window, clearly thinking hard.

"What's going on at their house?" Dang, Tanner was pushy.

"I'll tell you later, Tanner." Mrs. Scobell sounded like she was on her last nerve. She pulled in front of our house. "Matthew, how about you and Leena go grab Jackson?"

I tried not to blush, but I'm not sure how well that worked. "Okay then." I climbed out of the blue mini van, and walked to my front door, Leena following close behind.

Should I knock? I did, unsure of myself.

My father answered the door, as scruffy as ever. "What do you want? Why are you knocking? You live here."

"No shit, Sherlock," I rolled my eyes. "I just came to grab Jackson. so if you'll excuse me I'll go grab my brother."

Just as I was about to push past him, he grabbed my arm, shoving me back. "No, I am perfectly capable of getting my son myself, thanks."

He walked away, yelling up the stairs at my brother to get downstairs. I saw Jackson walk downstairs, and he looked tired. He saw me. "Why are you outside, Matthew?"

"I'll explain later, come on Jax." I wrapped an arm around my brother as I walked away from that torture device I called home. We walked to the car and Jackson slid between Noah and I.

"Alright, let's get home," Mrs. Scobell drove the 10 whole seconds it took to get from our house to theirs, stopping carefully and turning off the vehicle. We all got out of the car and went inside.

"Alright, you kids show the Solaces around and make sure they have what the need, yes? I'll be making dinner for when your dad comes home." She walked away, smiling at us.

"We need to explain what happened," Noah said after Mrs. Scobell was out of earshot. 

"Agreed," said Walker. "My room?" 

Everyone murmured in agreement, and we walked upstairs to Walker's room, which was plastered in different tv shows and books, like Percy Jackson and The Adam project. (Aren't I funny??) We sat on the mixture of the floor and bed, and stared awkwardly at each other.

"Okay, so who's gonna start?" Leena said, and my breath caught in my chest when she talked.

Then, Elle cracked.

She spilled the whole story, from beginning to end, barely stopping for air. At the end, all of the Scobell's were in shock, and Elle was breathless. She slumped back against Jackson, who sat to her right.

"What are you guys going to do when the caseworker comes?" Walker asked, glancing at breathless Elle, because he was sitting on her left.

"Not anything different," Noah said. "If something happens, something happens."

"Okay.." Walker trailed off, not knowing how to continue the conversation.

After that, we kinda broke off, Elle and Walker hanging out and talking about some singer, Alex Bernard or something? (A/N: I'm crying internally- ALEC BENJAMIN) Tanner going off with Jackson to watch some TV shows, and Noah just lay on the floor on his phone, probably texting Harper.

"I have to talk to you, Leena," I suddenly blurted out. What am I doing???

"Yeah, sure, come out in the hall with me," She led me to the hallway, where she leaned against the wall and I stood opposite. My heart was beating out of my chest right now, she was so beautiful.

Suddenly, everything spilled out at top speed. "Leena, I have a big fat crush on you and I have since we were really little and I think you're so beautiful, and now I'm rambling and I'm going to feel stupid if you say no."

Leena just smiled, a large, giddy smile. "You think I didn't like you too, Matthew? Oh god, you're so oblivious." She walked toward me and gave me a hug, and I hugged her back, my heart fluttering.

I smiled so big, I thought my face would fall off. I heard the front door open, and Leena broke off the hug. 

"Finally, you guys can meet my dad!"

Who else wanted to kill themselves when Matthew didn't know who Alec Benjamin was... I did... anyway enjoy babes, and IK i said the caseworker would be in this chapter, but I was wrong :)