Chapter one

Phil's p.o.v

Everyone stared. No one spoke. The blood flowed through my nostrils as I walked the corridor. Jeremy had a hold of the collar of my shirt and threw me against the lockers. I curled into a ball. That was now an instinct since I have been bullied since year 7. I'm now in year 12. I learned not to fight back. That just makes him even angrier. He got a couple more hits in until the principal stepped in. He dragged Jeremy to his office. I wouldn't have to deal with him for a few days.

I ran to the nurse, who I was now on first name bases with, and she helped me get cleaned up.

"Why does he keep hurting you like this?" She asked
"Well, Emmery, it's because I'm gay."
"That's no reason to hurt someone. Especially someone as nice and caring as you!"

I tried to explain it to her but I didn't expect her to understand so I thanked her and left to my 5th period class. Although I explained what had happened, I was still counted as late. I rolled my eyes and opened my Maths book.

~~end of the day~~

I threw up my hood to attempt to be unnoticed by Jeremy's crew. I flung open my locker got out my books and ran out of the school as fast as I could. I continued my normal route home. I opened the door to my house and announced to my father that I was home.
"That's great son! I would like you to meet someone." My father said as he came down the stairs.
"Phil, this is the new foster child that will be visiting with us for a few weeks. His name is Daniel."
"Sorry sir, but I prefer Dan." The mysterious boy said.
"I'm Phil."