01 | Voluptuous Red Killer Lips

It was without the verdict of a judgement or the change of a season that Persephone came back today at Mount Olympus. Inflamed by the sunlight, her hair was a torch blazing against the horizon, with its four twists on each side of her head and its ignition point wrapped in a net. She was there as a brand new woman, keeper of souls and unspoken stories, and yet she was just slightly older, curvier too, and dressed in a cloak of snow white over an evergreen-coloured chiton.

And she stared at what stood ahead of her—the forbidden land beyond the peak of a mountain with all its marble and gilded palaces. Her face captured the expression of a storm while her mouth basked in a smile—the cloudless, pure sign that she was no longer who she used to be.

Nothing had ever changed in this sad place.
Nothing apart from the sound of his name.
Hades

Two syllables that hit her like hail. It came with a perceptible movement in the air—music to her ears and a ghost to her heart at the same time. Biting on her lips at this sour reminder, Persephone's eyes darted in its direction until it pointed to the sight of a nymph.

She was a dark shadow under the bright sunlight, standing within an overflowing stone fountain of water with her wet hair flattened against her head. A female savage vine that elevated all the senses with her sweet perfume and her formidable deceptions.

"I knew long before Persephone how handsome Lord Hades is." The vile creature in her shrill voice suddenly smirked—a bow that shot a poisoned arrow right into Persephone's wound—but she remained composed, only making her way through the thick crowd and closer to that nymph.

"I, Mintha, was once a concubine to Hades," and she raised her chin in contempt, avoiding the many gasps of her audience. "In the depths of his Abyss, I fulfilled all his perverted desires of the flesh like no other female deity ever did."

Heat flushed through Persephone's body at those words, flattening her lips, like it made her tightened her fists.

Was this Hades' latest conquest?

A daddy long legged female nymph that was as tall as him. That concubine cellar spider of his kingdom with her perfectly undulated fawn mane. This vague woman, a vibrating spider that had woven her web around his lust with her thin waist and nearly nude body—this skull spider in her voluptuous red killer lips.

To Persephone, Mintha was nothing but a generously developed-breasted carpenter spider in her willowy figure, who then giggled. Without restraint, the nymph mocked the sight of the smaller Persephone as she now stood right in front of her.

Could that really be Hades' secret lover in her green eyes of ambition?

The restful colour of greed was like the colour of an overproduction of bile, thus causing the irreversible sickness of jealousy. Persephone easily saw through the eyes of that taller dame, and she was the least afraid of her cruel laughter.

Mintha cleared her throat. "He even told me once that if I ever consented to stay by his side, he would banish all those other nymphs lying around in his hall, craving his attention, and would make me his only queen."

That was the last straw on the camel's back.

Persephone pulled the towering Mintha out of her fountain stage by the hair and flung her to the floor. The queen was in wrath; she was angry at such despicable claims, and in an act of fury, Persephone trampled over Mintha's head, trampling deaf to her victim's sufferings, trampling the pain off from her past. Persephone crushed Mintha repeatedly until the latter was nothing but a mere fragranced garden of leaves wrapped around her toes up to her ankles, forming new sandals at her feet.