Peace is all I wanted....

I thought after everything I've gone through in my life, I'd finally be at peace. Finally being able to just.....rest.

Ever since SAO, all I've done is fight for my life or the lives of those I love. After SAO, I had to fight to save the one I loved at the time. I thought that everything was done after I saved Asuna and brought her home, but toward the end of the year, I ended up fighting to save the life of someone who meant a lot to me. I thought, after saving Sinon from the hands of Deathgun and putting an end to their murders in GGO, that I could finally rest.

Not long into the new year, I had to fight to protect not only my friends but also those who suffered in SAO during the Ordinal Scale incident, with the chance of joining in with those who lost their memories. I once again thought that was it, to the point where I wished upon a shooting star, when I took Asuna up to see the meteor shower the night the incident was over, that I could finally rest.

How foolish I thought, as not even two months later, I was put into a life-threatening coma by Johnny Black, where I then fought to save another world with someone who I'll always cherish to the ends of the world. I thought once again that it was all over this time. I truly thought it was. The Underworld was in safe hands.....Alice wasn't in the wrong hands....the man behind the creation of the murder guild from SAO was dead.....I thought that I could finally.....finally rest...

The rest of the year went by.....somewhat peaceful. Yes, there were some ups and downs, something you should expect.

Uncle Minetaka had passed away from cancer, which he kept hidden from us for god knows how long.....

Grandpa had died at the age of 89, at least having seen Sugu win a kendo tournament before passing...

Andrew and his wife moved back to America together...

and.....Asuna and I had broken up....even though we are still on speaking terms, it still hurt. Not as much as losing my father figure and grandfather, but it still hurts...

There weren't that many ups that happened, but one did stand out....and all I can say is that I'm grateful to have her by my side. Even if how we first met wasn't something you'd say.....great. I'm still happy she's stood by my side to this point in my life, to the point where I never imagined where we'd be right now...

Still, even with these bad and good things happening, I thought I had finally earned the peace I wanted and fought for so long...that I didn't have to fight anymore, that I could look forward to a future where I didn't have to wave a sword around, a future where I could be with friends in peace, a future where I could settle down and have a family with the person I currently love....but obviously, God had other plans for me...

Not even long into the new year, a week or so after the conclusion of Bullet of Bullets 5, with Sinon taking first place, I had a bad feeling in my gut, and it was right. One moment you are lying in bed, drifting to sleep, after having finished a night out with your friends and girlfriend....you wake up the next day in a new world, or, I should say, the same world, but something that I still don't even understand.....

I didn't understand much of what was happening when I woke up, except that I was wearing my Blackwyrm coat from the final months of SAO, and across my bed were the two swords that I had used up 'til I defeated Akihiko Kayaba.....

I thought I was dreaming, and of course, like most people, when they thought they were dreaming, they'd pinch themselves. Granted, even after having pinched myself, I was still not convinced; I just went on with my usual routine that morning, thinking that I'd wake up eventually. Other than my pajamas being turned into my uniform from SAO, all my other clothes have just.....vanished, and my AmuSphere is lying where I last had it, but that didn't shock me as much as what I saw next...

and that was Suguha's appearance...or I should say, Leafa.

The moment I saw Sugu leave her room, I knew I had to be dreaming....there was no way in nine hours that Sugu was able to let her hair grow, then dye it, and then buy or make her ALO uniform and find her exact katana in this world that was strapped to her waist. But the more I interacted and walked around the house, the more I learned that this was the real world. At first, I did the one thing that came to mind....and that was seeing if I could open the menu.....there was no menu...I did everything that I could think of that would bring out the menu screen, even to the point where I yelled "MENU!"

Nothing showed up...

Of course, I was starting to panic; who wouldn't? The world I lived in changed in nine hours, and all I did was sleep through it. Aunt Midori was completely confused about everything, especially when it came to the fact that my clothing had changed, I had swords lying across my bed, and the fact that Sugu looked almost like a completely different person, but somehow she was able to keep herself calm and went on with her normal morning routine...

But the moment she opened the front door of the house to leave for work.....I knew that I was never going to rest or have peace anymore going forward.....

Peace....is all I wanted...