What's next?

I didn't know how long I was out, but the next thing I knew, I was back in Andrew's old bedroom, lying in his bed. All I could remember from yesterday was that we had yet another simple rescue mission, and that was it. I tried to get up from the bed, only to feel a sharp pain in my back and that there was an uncertain amount of weight lying on top of me.

I looked down, not surprised to see a certain blue-haired girl lying on top of me, fast asleep. I decided to lay back down, not wanting to disturb Sinon any further, but the fact that my back felt like it was on fire the moment I leaned up. I'm sure Sinon or somebody will tell me what happened yesterday, and from the feeling of my back, something bad happened, and I was probably going to be yelled at by not only Sinon but Sugu as well.

About an hour later, Sinon woke up, hugging me tightly as she told me she was worried about me, like always, before she started to yell at me and call me an idiot, like always. After she got her anger out, she told me what happened yesterday: that Illfang had struck my back with his clawed hand as I was running off. I had asked if the survivors we saved got to the city border safely; luckily, they did. She told me Klein had carried me back to our hideout after our encounter with Illfang. I should probably thank him when I can get out of bed.

About a few minutes later, Sinon helped me out of bed and down toward the main café, where everybody was waiting for us. Everybody would nearly jump onto me, asking if I was alright and if I was still hurting. Of course, everyone got the answer if I was still hurting when Yui jumped up to hug me, her little hands touching my torn-up back and causing me to yell in pain before falling to the ground.

God, it hurts. I tend to forget that this is reality and not a video game. I can bleed here. I can feel the pain. I can die here. It was SAO, but ten times worse...

Asuna and Sinon would help me over toward the couch that Klein had dragged into the building the first week we moved in, helping me lay down. Asuna told me that I was not to get off the couch until I could lean up without yelling in pain. Of course, I listened, because she glared down at me when I was about to say that I was fine. Three years later, this woman still scares the hell out of me. I feel like she's a little scarier now that we've broken up. Then again, I feared Sinon a little more...

And so, I did as I was ordered, and I stayed where I was, while Sinon sat at the end of the couch to keep me company, while Yui eventually turned back into her pixie form and plopped herself onto my chest. As I lay on the couch, I wondered, What's next?

Seeing Illfang here started to make me think...

There was a very high chance that other boss monsters from Aincrad were going to be here, but the question is: how many? 100 may not be a lot for this large city, but these bosses are enormous. Hell, one of the bosses is a flying dragon...

What are our chances of survival...?

I barely got out of Illfang alive, and all we did from what I heard was just slash his leg up. The bosses have weak points, just like us. I'm sure if Sinon were to shoot any of these bosses point-blank in the face, they would die. If I were to stab the beast at any important organ...

....Can we even do this for two years....?

We have one life here...

There is no HP bar....

No MP...

No level-up system...

No sword skills...

No magic...

It's just us.....cosplaying at this point...

Will we.....

Will we make it out of this alive this time.....?