(chapter 4)

~~~~Ciara POV~~~~~

~~~NEXT DAY~~~

 "Wake up, Mario! Its time for school." I knocked on the bedroom door. I normally wake up first and get in the shower and make breakfast for him, then I go and wake him up. Today is a bright and sunny day. So I'm in a good mood, I get my check today, so I have a surprise for Mario. He's doing so good in school, right now, He tries hard so he deserves a good treat. I will surprise him after school. As I was in the kitchen making some Kool-Aid. I heard him head for the shower. Luckily I woke up this morning and the water was back on. I sent Mario off for school as usual. Our days are always boring and the same everyday. It's hard, I'm not a parent but i might as well be. I don't have ANY family that lives out here so I really have no help with Mario.

"bye Mario!" I kissed him on the four head and watched him get on the bus. I waved and continued my walk to McDonald's.

 3 Hours into my work shift I got a call From Mario's School: 

"Hey, Mrs. Robertson!" the principle said.

"Hello, Is there something wrong?" i said

"Yes, I'm afraid So." he said back, in a sad voice.

I through down the mop, and walked to the bathroom. "What Is it?" i said.

my heart began to pound harder and harder by the moment.

"Mario, didn't make it to school today!" He said louder.

"What do you mean he didn't make it to school?" i questioned in a very sad and concerned voice.

" Well--" he tried to continue, but I interrupted him and told him that I was on my way.

This is going to cut into my next pay check, but my little brother is MISSING.

I quickly exited the bathroom picked up my cleaning supplied and put it in the back into the storage closet. I walked over to the cash register and waved at my boss to come to the back. He looked at me in a confused way and said. "Whats wrong?"

without thinking I quickly said  , "My brother is missing. I'm sorry but I have to go."

He agreed that I should go and let me leave.

I walked outside to the from of the store, and began walking towards him school. I was walking 7 blocks before I decided to take a cab. I whistled for a cab and it pulled onto the curb. I jumped in and told him my destination. I was in the back seat rocking back and forth and On the edge of crying. My mind was everywhere. The cab driver kept staring at me through the rear view mirror. He then said "Are you okay." I quickly replied. "No." He then said "whats wrong?" I just ignored him and gave him the cue to keep driving.

I have no time for boys, The only boy who has my attention Is my little brother. He's all i need, My own father isn't around and all the men I seen my mother deal with growing up, just proves my point. I don't need a man. 2 minutes from the school I got a call saying: 

"Hello, Mrs. Robertson, I'm sorry it was just a miss understanding, Mario has a sub today, and he was out to the bathroom when she took attendance. He actually is here."

"okay, well Mario Is still checking out, today, He has a doctors appointment, can you make sure He gets all his homework he needs and have him in the office. Ready to check out." i said.

Yeas , I was sooooo relieved that Mario was alive and safe. I began to cry tears of joy and smile. The cab driver noticed me smiling and said, "You have a beautiful smile." I just said thank you, and continued to ignore him. I lied about Mario having a doctors appointment but I was not about to let my cab money go to waste. I picked up Mario, and we went to the ice cream shop. This was very special for Mario because We never really get Out to 'special places' like that. We never go out to eat. Mario was happy and so was I . After that I went to pick up my check from work and our food stamps. Mario was always excited When I got paid, he seemed truly happy. He always wanted to go shopping. I told him that we would go tomorrow, which is Saturday.