Drabble #5

Summary : An usual morning in the Carpenter/Robinson household.

"Honey, have you seen my tie?" Tara asked her wife urgently as she entered the kitchen, not even bothering to greet hear.

Winnie chuckled as she filled the glass of orange juice she had just made. "I thought I saw your daughter playing with it earlier."

Giggles echoed in the large kitchen, and Tara felt someone running past her feet. She sighed, running her hand through her hair as she followed the shadow of her daughter who had run awat into the living room of the house.

"Ana, baby. I really need my tie." She emphasized the nickname as she looked around the room.

Santana, six years old, curly brown hair, green eyes, freckled cheeks and missing teeth. Chuckled from behind the couch. Her mother's tie awkwardly tied around her neck.

Tara took a few steps before bending down to her level. "Gotcha!"

The little girl screamed and ran in the other direction, giggling happily.

She did not see her other mother who was now straight in her path. Winnie just had to quickly grab her to her biggest surprise.

"Now what did we say about stealing mommy's stuff?" The blonde woman asked her daughter, placing a kiss on her chubby cheek.

Santana pouted before removing the tie from her neck.

Tara grabbed the tie and put it around her neck, also giving her daughter a kiss on the cheek. "Plus you got caught. It's not worthy of you baby, I usually have to change the tie."

"Mama helped you! That's cheating!" She muttered angrily.

"Okay, let's have breakfast?" Her mother suggested softly, carrying her to the kitchen where she placed her in her chair.

Santana's eyes lit up as she faced her bowl of cereal, and she began to devour them.

"What time is it ?" Tara asked herself as she grabbed her cup of coffee. "God  if I'm late again Sam's gonna kill me."

Winnie who heard it looked at her wrist but quickly noticed that the watch that Tara had given her for their wedding anniversary was missing.

"Santana Carpenter." Winnie smiled amused. "That’s well done, but give me back my watch now."

"I was almost there." Santana muttered disappointedly as she handed her mother her watch.

Tara passed through the kitchen again, quickly grabbing today's newspaper.

Winnie put her watch back on her wrist before watching her wife run around the house with a loving smile. The mornings when Tara was late (every day) were the best.

"I gotta go !" Tara suddenly reappeared in the kitchen.

"Sure, have a good day love." Winnie responded sweetly by placing a quick kiss on her lips.

"Bye mommy !" Santana exclaimed as her mother ruffled her hair.

She gave them both one last kiss and mumbled a vague 'have a nice day you two' before she head out eventually.

"Honey, what time do the store close today?" Tara shouted as the sound of the door opening was heard.

"Around 9. But I'll be back home early so we can have diner! I invited your sister over!" She replied.

Tara rolled her eyes at the perceptiveness of her sister coming to her house tonight and groaned closing the door. "Great."

Meanwhile Santana finished her breakfast and looked up at her mother. "Aunt Sam is coming over tonight?"

"Of course baby." Winnie ran a hand through her curly hair with a smile. "Come on, finish your orange juice, we’re leaving in ten. "

But as soon as Winnie was turning to do the dishes. The front door slammed again. "Santana Carpenter! Where are my goddman keys?"

"Oops? I forgot I stole this last night-"

"Ana!" Winnie scolded her with a speechless expression. "You know how your mom hates it when you-"

"I'm gonna kill this child !"

The little girl gasped and runned quickly to hide behind her mother's legs. Winnie chuckled, lowering her hand to her level. "Give me the keys, I’ll handle her."

Santana nodded and quickly slipped them into her mother's hands.

Tara stormed into the kitchen. But immediately stopped when she didn't immediately find his daughter. Then she turned to her wife and she turned red with anger again when she saw green fearful eyes hidden behind her legs.

Tara approached trying to get the her. But immediately she ran off making her sigh and roll her eyes.

"Here are your keys." Winnie said to her wife putting them in her palm  with a soft smile. "Don't be mad, she just wants to play with you that's all."

"Oh yeah, because she knows she'll always have her mom to protect her." Tara mumbled displeased.

Winnie placed a kiss on her nose before wiping it to erase the lipstick mark. Making Tara scrunch her nose. "She's so cute when she's like that though, she reminds me of you back then, always getting into trouble."

"You're the one who used to steal my stuff though." Tara smirked. "It’s from you that she got this-"

"I'm sorry mommy." Santana muttered, pulling Tara's sleeve. "Are you still angry?"

"No..." Tara picked her up from the ground and took her in her arms. "But you really should stop doing that when I'm in a hurry, okay?"

"Okay..." The little girl took a wallet out of her pocket. "Sorry about that too."

Tara took it in her hand and immediately recognized her wallet. She opened her eyes wide as she turned to her wife. "How could she-"

Santana wrapped her chubby arms around her mother's neck tightly. "You said you weren’t angry anymore."

Winnie crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, asking Tara with her look "What about now?"

"You're lucky I love you." She muttered, kissing the top of her daughter's head before taking her wife's hand and kissing the back it. "And you too."