Chapter 13

Catra panted as she chased the dog back up the stairs and to her apartment yelling after the mutt, thanking the fact that it was morning. "Swiftwind! where- oh there you are! you ready to get inside?" she chuckled as she dug in her pocket for the key, Adora had hopefully finished breakfast and she was excited to see what was for breakfast. upon opening the door, she heard and smelt nothing, raising a eyebrow she steps further inside, Swiftwind happily running in after her. "Adora? you alright hon..? hello?" She closes the door and toes off her shoes before moving further into the apartment. from her door she could see to the Livingroom and Kitchen.

Cara entered the kitchen, scanning the room carefully before she saw the form on the ground. her breath hitched and she took the few steps between her and Adora, before getting on her knees. Gently turning adora, she let her head rest in her lap, before scanning her face. seeing heavy bruising on her forehead and side, Catra hissed softly. not wanting to risk anything now Catra gently picked up Adora and left the Kitchen grabbing her keys and Adora's shoes, before putting her own pair on. Swiftly getting into the hall, she raced down the stairs carefully, and started walking to her nearest hospital.

upon reaching the hospital, she told the nurse what happened, and before she knew it Adora was wheeled to the back to be checked. Ctra sighed softly and plopped in the Waiting room Chair waiting for news of Adora. She had texted Glimmer and Bow telling them that she was in the hospital and they had to cancel their plans for today. Bow and Glimmer had shown concern and told her that they will be over shortly. catra just let them, knowing she couldn't fight it. 5 minutes later they had raced in through the doors. they scanned the waiting room they saw Catra sitting near the corner and immediately went over to her. "hey what happened? why you here?" "Adora, found her knocked out on the floor... with scraps and bruises, and since we found her the other night i was worried." Glimmer sat next to her, bow on the other side to comfort as they waited with their friend.

Catra had her head against Glimmers shoulder, dozing lightly, while the other two where watching something on Bows phone. a nurse had walked through the doors, and called for family of Adora. Glimmer raised her hand, claiming they were the family, before gently nudging Catra. "cmon the nurse is here. we can see Adora." Catra yawned perking up slightly with that and stands up walking towards the nurse, the other two right behind. the nurse smilied and led them to Adora's room. "soooo shes fine now. we can fit her for another proseptic, though she is malnourished, big brusing on her head, and small cuts. she will be fine though! Basic painkillers will help with any pains." the nurse brought them to her door, and held it open for the 3 to come in.

the nurse smiled and left the room after doing a quick checkup, stating she was able to be discharged tonight. Catra sat right next to the bed, while glimmer and bow stayed standing, lightly chatting. Waiting for Adora to wake up. it was past 4 when Adora groaned softly. catra immediately looked towards the bed to see adora open her eyes slightly. upon seeing the white of the walls and the machines her breathing picked up and she started squirming trying to get away. "Woah!woah you okay Adora! its okay i promise!" catra spang to her feet grabbing Adoras hand gently, knowing better than to pinning her. Adora looked over to Catra and followed her breathing, feeling the panic supside. "there you go, your okay your not with the Airforce anymore." Adora nodded softly and sagged against the bed, still gripping Catra's hand tightly.

Glimmer and bow moved closer smiling when Adora looked over at them. "hey kiddo! glad your okay.. Catra nearly gave Glimmer a heart attack when she sent the message." "She did not! ughhh..." glimmer hid her face in embarrassment before shaking her head. "well you where just as panicked if i remember correctly Bow" Adora and catra chuckled softly as the nurse came in. "ah adora! good to see your awake! let me check the vitals, then we can fit you for another prosthetic okay?" Adora nodded, and sat still for the nurse, before she was directed to sit at the edge of the bed. her face dropped slightly at the sight of her stump, but Catra gently raised her head. "hey none of that! your okay, and remember what i said?" At Adora's nod, Catra smiled and watched the nurse fit a new prosthetic on the stump. "there you are hon, be careful, and if you need it adjusted or fixed, come directly to us okay?" Adora nodded and the nurse left.

finally they were out of the hospital and on their way home, Adora and Catra holding hands softly as they talked and joked with their friends.