Only human (Buddie)

~ Light smut, nothing too explicit. Based on Only Human by the Jonas Brothers. ~

The 118 family decided to try a new bar after work, a bar that just so happens to have a dance floor connected. It was Buck's idea, with help from Ravi, who had told Buck about the place.

You see Eddie may have mentioned something about being more than okay at dancing and missing it to Buck one night.

Buck knew Christopher was at a sleepover, meaning he and Eddie could stay out, and dance, for as long as they wished. Eddie rolled his eyes, lightly pushing Buck when it clicked, as to why they were there.

The group order their drinks and sit at a tall table, chatting, and letting off steam. Buck after downing his liquid luck, looks at the people dancing, he catches the group's attention, nodding towards the dance floor.

At first, everyone was hesitant, only Buck and Ravi going out on the dance floor. Ravi disappears further as Buck waves down the group sitting at the table.

Hen gives in and joins the lonely boy laughing at his dorky dance moves. Chim basically drags Eddie to the dance floor as Bobby watches on, looking down at his family and smiling.

"Ah, the master has come to show off his expertise." Buck says into Eddie's ear. Eddie laughs swaying to the beat half-heartedly.

Buck and Hen give him a look, as Chim shakes his head. Eddie sighs, shimmying, slowly letting the music take control. The four of them dance in a circle to varying degrees of talent.

They laugh having fun. Buck jokingly challenges Eddie to a dance battle. Eddie agrees but just does it for fun. The battle turned into just them dancing together, slowly finding a rhythm that worked for them.

Eddie turns to talk to Hen, realising she's not there, looking for Chim as well. He turns to the table not seeing them or their captain.

He pulls Buck in close to talk in his ear. "I think they went home." Buck looks around. "Yeah, but when? Why didn't they say goodbye?" Eddie shrugs.

Eddie and Buck continue dancing, getting closer as the dance floor becomes more crowded. "So you gonna show off any of these professional moves?" Buck asks.

"Did I forget to mention I specialise in dances involving a ~partner~?" Eddie smirks back. "What, like the tango?" Buck tilts his head innocently.

"Well, I can do that too. But I meant like.." Eddie grabs Buck's waist pulling him even closer. Eddie knew he couldn't blame this on the alcohol, he only had one glass and it was at least 2 hours ago if he had to guess, but he was in the moment.

Buck makes a small gasp, blushing before wrapping his arms around Eddie's neck, and smiling. They sway to the beat before Eddie starts bopping, body rolling with his eyes closed. Buck tries to copy the moves.

As the song fades to the next they break apart, Eddie finally dancing without a care in the world. Buck stops and watches in Awe.

Eddie notices, grabbing his hands, and pulling the taller man towards him. "It's a dance floor, Buck, you kinda have to at least move your hips." He says twisting his hips in proof, Buck laughs.

They dance to night away, literally, the lights flick on, closing time. "Come on you can stay at my place." Eddie says grabbing Buck's hand and walking out of the joint and to his car.

~

They drive back to Eddie's and plonk on the couch. "I still kinda want to dance." Buck pouts. Eddie gets up clicking on some music, his 80s playlist starting, and walks back to Buck, his hand out offering a dance.