Chapter Nine: Bad Day Blues.

I posted a picture of Sophie's outfit for the bus ride and what the girl's uniforms would look like. (I made them on Polyvore)

~*~

I woke up with a late start Friday morning. My alarm didn't go off until 5:15 for some unknown reason.

Crap man. It's freaking cold! I stretched and laid back in bed.

The smell of coffee filled the air and I breathed in the wondrous scent, although, I hate the taste of the damned stuff. After only a few seconds, my eyes shot open when I realized my window was swinging in the wind. My immediate thought was my cat: Fiona. She is an indoor cat because we haven't fixed her yet and she is my responsibility, so if she gets impregnated by that huskily built tom cat next door, my dad will personally kill me.

I swear Fiona makes pussycat eyes at him through the window every day. I do not want cats doing the naughty outside my bedroom window. Not my cup of tea, Mother Nature, but thank you for the offer.

I hardly noticed the leaves scattered throughout my bedroom. "Shit!" I jump out of bed and throw my slippers on, then ran to the window and saw Fiona sitting right on the edge of the balcony. Walking slowly outside, I start cat-calling her. No that's definitely not right. But it was pretty puntastic.

I promise you, I was not cat-calling my cat.

Anyway, I was just about to grab her, when she decided to use her cat-like reflexes and jump off the two story platform, landing swiftly on her paws.

I immediately start climbing down the vine by my window. I know, how cliché is that? Once I make it down, I jump the neighbor's fence and chase after Fiona.

"Goddamn you, you dashing sack of shit!" I sprint over to the shed and she heads inside. Perfect, she's trapped. This one can't get away. I smirk to myself and go inside, shutting the door behind me. "FeeFeeFiona!" I coo quietly.

I found her in a corner trying to escape through a very small gap and grab her quickly.

When I walk out of the shed gripping Fiona in my arms, an older man is waiting for me with a baseball bat.

Picture this: A girl with leaves tangled in her windblown hair, wearing nothing but mid-thigh shorts, and a Metallica T-shirt with a pair of fuzzy Ironman slippers; all while holding a pissed off kinky cat. Now add a traumatized look on my face.

The old man lowered his metal baseball bat. "What the hell are you doing, girl?" The old man helps me out of the shed.

"Um," I stutter, "my cat ran away?"

The old man raises his eyebrows and shuffles to the side. "Alright then. Well, be on your business. I think you woke up the whole damn neighborhood."

I turn a bright shade of pink and mutter an apology. "Do you happen to know the time?"

"Yeah, it's," he glances at his watch, "5:42."

My eyes widen, "Oh fuck! I gotta go".

I sprint to the front door, which is thankfully open, and dash up to my room. After closing my window, and locking it, I set my cat down and receive a hiss.

"You know what Fiona? If I can stay a virgin for seventeen years, then so can you!"

Before my cat claws me to death, I make a B line for the bathroom.

I was almost done rinsing my hair when karma decided to bite me in the ass. Today had to be the day that the water stopped working while there was soap in my hair!

"Mother fudging cow. I do not have time for this!" I grab my towel and dry myself off and wrap up my soapy hair.

After I was dressed in my sweats and hoodie, I ran downstairs to the kitchen sink. For some unknown reason, the water in the kitchen worked. Not that I'm protesting. I quickly rinse my hair and blindly reach for my towel.