Chapter Six: The Best Friends Celebration.

All the lights were off and the projector in my English class was showing a boring video the class had to take notes on. The intercom beeped and the secretary's old sweet voice came through.

"Sophia Young to the office."

I gather my things and nod Mr. Morgan a goodbye and continue out the door. I can feel everyone staring at me as I leave.

"Sophie?" I hear the sweet voice again.

'Don't get your granny panties in a knot, I'm coming!' I thought.

"Soph! SOPH!!!"

What the hell?

I shot up out of bed when I realized my mom was the one calling me.

Why did I get called to the office though? I want to know!

"What?" I respond with a yawn and push my face under the pillow again.

"I just got off the phone with your soccer coach!" She yells up the stairs.

Wait, what?

"My old coach?" I look over at my couch and Emma is fast asleep with her phone on her chest.

"No, Coach Sparks."

I get up and open my door, walking out into the bright morning light of 8:00 a.m. I look down over the balcony and rub my eyes. "Who the hell is Coach Sparks?"

"Watch your mouth! She's your new coach." She looked up at me.

She?

"Yeah well, I have never met her. What did she want?"

I descend down the stairs slowly, waiting for an answer.

My mom goes back to making her breakfast and continues, "That's exactly why she called. She apologizes for not showing up all week and is having the try outs start over next weekend at a Soccer camp."

My eyes light up. "Like, the soccer camp?"

"Camp Victim?"

"Camp Victory!?" I hop up and down, out of my sleepy daze. "This is amazing!"

I sprint back up the stairs and jump on Emma. "Wake up! We're going to Victory!"

"Hmm?" Emma shoves me onto the floor and sits up. Then realization spread across her face and she screeched. "Oh. My. God!"

"I know! We have both been wanting this for ages and we get to go together." I get up on my feet and hop up and down, Emma following me.

"Girls! Calm down! I wasn't done." My mom warns us from my bedroom door.

We settle down and wait for her to continue.

"Unfortunately, you will only be there from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon." She wipes her hands on her apron and carries on. "You will have to wake up early on Friday since the bus will be leaving at 6:30 a.m. Oh, and the boy's team will also be going on this trip. The school can only get one bus so you and the boys will be sharing it."

That means Jake will be on the same bus as me!

I exchange a glance with Emma and we both get rowdy again and watch as my mom rolls her eyes and goes back to the kitchen.

"This is the best thing to wake up to!" Emma exclaims.

"Dude, right?" I stop jumping and open up my closet. "We should go to town or something today."

"Yass and celebrate with, like, Chick-Fil-A," Emma adds and I agree. Of course, I would agree, that's our favorite fast food place to eat.

I close my walk-in-closet door and find something presentable to wear to town.