Chapter Three: Shop Til You Party.

"What about this one?" Emma held up the twentieth shirt for me.

I reply in disgust, "Ew, are you crazy? It's pink and sleeveless! No thank you."

Emma sighs in defeat. "I give up on you, my turn." She leaves to the dressing room with a pile of clothes in her arms.

Honestly, I know Peter is like my brother, but I really don't want to go to this party. It's just going to be a whole bunch of people that I don't even talk to, let alone actually want to see during non-school hours. Yeah, no thank you. But I guess I have to go since: A. I promised Peter and Emma, and B. I've never actually been to a party, so there has to be a first for everything, right?

I went ahead and just picked out a gray tank top and a pair of shorts that will match the shoes I have yet to wear for months. The tank top read "Chill Out" in icy blue letters and the shorts had an oddly cool design on them.

"Emma," I yelled, "Hurry up, so I can try these on."

"Whoa, you actually found something?" She replied sarcastically.

"Duh," I add.

"Okay well, I am getting these." She said while tossing a peachy button up tank with a pair of shorts sporting a pattern on the sides. Soon, she walks out so that I can try mine on.

"Finally, something I like actually fits!" I excitedly say.

"Yay!" Emma laughs, "Now hurry up I need shoes!"

"I already have mine at my house, they've never been worn." I smile, walking out of the dressing room. "Let's pick up this pile of clothes." I laugh and look at the mess we've made.

Emma laughs, "Oh crap, my bad."

When we head to the checkout the cashier looks up and smiles. "Did we find everything alright?"

"Yes, thank you," I smile and hand her my clothes. "Emma put your clothes down."

She refuses.

I got a bonus check last weekend, please let me pay." I eye her down.

"Oh fine." Emma sets everything down and gives me a death glare.

I pay and grab the two bags. When we walk out of the store, I'm suddenly shoved into the ally on the side of the building. "What the hell Emma! What the hell are you doing?"

"Shh! Don't say my name!" She whispered and then slapped her hand on my mouth.

I bite her and she winces. "What are you talking about?" I whisper after she lets go.

"There's Drew!" She screeches quietly. If that's even possible. But it's Emma, you never know what kinda sound she'll come up with next.

"Oh my God, really? That's it? Come on, maybe he'll talk to you!" Grabbing Emma's arm, I drag her out of the ally.

I'm facing Drew while Emma's back is towards him. "Aw, he is coming up behind you, Em," I whisper.

He lightly pulled on her pony tail. "Hey, Emma and Emma's friend."

"Hey," I reply while nudging Emma.

"Oh." Emma shakes her head slightly. "H-hey Drew."

He smiles. "You going to the party tonight? I hear it's gonna be sick."

After five seconds of Emma not speaking, I had to answer for her. "Yes, of course. We both are." I put an arm around Emma's shoulders. She blushes.

"O-okay, see ya there?" He says with his eyebrows raised, then walks away.

I turn Emma toward me. "What the F was that? I would have at least answered Jake. But you, you choked with Drew!"