BLOOD COMPACT

After V2's second defeat in Greed, V1 stood over his brother with the whiplash in hand. After the chase he had managed to land on the platform beneath them, but was gravely injured after their chaotic confrontation.

As V2 attempted to run away for the second time in a row, he was met by a revolver aiming straight at his face.

V2: You motherfucker, i dare you to pull that trigger.

It was dead silent for a few seconds before V1 sent out a message to V2.

V2 got a pop up on his screen saying:
[MACHINE V1 WANTS TO INNIATE CONTACT]
ACCEPT OR DECLINE?

After a few seconds V2 answered

ACCEPT <
DECLINE

...

V1: [HELLO BROTHER]

V2: What you wanna make fun me before you kill me? Real nice of you brother.

V1: [YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO SPEAK, YOU LABELED YOURSELF AS THE SO CALLED "SUPERIOR MODEL", YET IVE DISPROVEN THAT FACT TWICE NOW. YOU'VE MADE A FOOL OF YOURSELF BROTHER, AND NOW YOU'RE GOING TO MEET YOUR FATED END. OR SHOULD I RATHER LIST ALL OF YOUR FLAWS DURING THIS ENCOUNTER?]

V2: Well if you're going to do that, please pull the trigger, that's torture enough for me.

V1: [AGAIN, YOU HAVE NO SAY IN THIS. I KNOW YOU DON'T WANNA LISTEN TO MY MONOLOGUE SO ILL CUT THE CONVERSATION SHORT FOR THE BOTH OF US. YOUR BIGGEST WEAKNESS IS YOUR EMOTIONS.]

V2: Bullshit, at the end of the day you and i are still the same. Same moveset, same tricks, same armory. The only thing that separates us is the difference in our durability.

V1: [AND THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE WRONG BROTHER, DESPITE THE SCORCHING SUN CONTINUOUSLY BURNING EVERYTHING WITHIN ITS REACH. MY HEART IS STILL THE COLDEST THING THROUGHOUT THIS LAYER, AS I LACK EMOTIONS UNLIKE YOU BROTHER. IT WASN'T SOME SLIGHT MISCALCULATION WHICH LED ME TO VICTORY, IT WAS **YOU** BROTHER. YOUR PRIDE AND EGO SWALLOWED YOU WHOLE, YOU WERE SO DESPERATE FOR A REMATCH, THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE WHAT WAS GOING ON AROUND YOU. AND BEFORE YOU KNEW IT, YOU ENDED UP COMPLETELY BLINDED BY YOUR OWN RAGE AND LOOK WHERE IT GOT YOU.]

V2 for the first time in his life couldn't think of a way to respond. No insults, no robotic slurs, nothing. He sat there just staring back at his brother's optic lense. It's as if he was just scolded by his older sibling.

V1: [ANY LAST WORDS?]

V1 aimed the barrel of the revolver straight at V2's head, patiently waiting for the last exchange between him and his brother. V2 sat there, still greatly damaged, and another arm lost.

Knowing that he was in a situation which he had no chance of winning, V2 only had one option left.

V2: Hold on a fucking second, okay you've bested me twice now, and it's clear I can't beat you. But maybe I can help you.

V2 didn't think he would have to resort to this, but he had no choice. This was the only way he could escape his demise. Even if he deeply hated the idea of it.

V1: [HELP ME? YOU'RE IN NO POSITION TO NEGOTIATE.]

V1 could tell his brother was just making up excuses. Despite that, curiousity took over him and he lowered his weapon to listen to V2's words.

V2: I know your prehistoric processors probably can't comprehend this, but you know as well as i do that the challenges ahead are only getting tougher. You need me. My knowledge, my perspective. I can show you things you might have missed. I'll even help you kill that fatherless pissbaby angel. Think about it, we can cover each other's weaknesses.