01. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴

Mystic Falls. The town two girls swore to one another that they would never come back to, but yet here they were, driving past the welcome sign. Arabella Griffith took in the surroundings of the town she once called home. She barely recognized it. "It's weird being back here." Marnie Summers breathed out from the passenger seat. The younger Salvatore brother had called Arabella, and asked for her help. So, Arabella and Marnie packed up and drove through the night from New Orleans.

"Yeah, it is." Arabella agreed as she pulled into the long driveway to the Salvatore boarding house. Anxiety waved over Arabella, the feeling like she was about to walk into something way bigger than she was prepared for. "Let's go see what the hell they have gotten themselves into." Arabella rolled her eyes as she got out of the car. Over the years, Arabella and Marnie had always been there to get the Salvatore brothers out of trouble, and this time would be no different.

Arabella and Marnie made their way up the door. "And that's incredibly stupid of you. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?" Arabella heard the voice of the one and only Katherine Pierce. Marnie and Arabella shared a look before Arabella knocked on the door.

"Arabella? Marnie?" The eldest Salvatore brother asked in disbelief as he opened the door. "What are you two doing here?"

"Good to see you too, Damon." Arabella teased as she walked inside. "And did I hear the name Klaus? As in the original vampire that will-" Arabella stopped mid sentence as she stood in front of Katherine and a girl that looked identical to her. "What the hell?" Arabella whispered to herself, but everyone heard it.

"Stefan, what the actual hell is going on?" Marnie asked as she stared at the two girls. Arabella and Marnie stood there in awe, trying to understand what they had just walked into.

"Who are you two?" The human doppelgänger asked, confused on why two girls just walked inside the house.

"Thank you guys so much for coming." Stefan finally spoke. "But Damon will have to explain everything, Elena and I are going to be late for school." Stefan and Elena hurried out the door, leaving Arabella, Damon, Marnie, and Katherine alone. "I'll explain in the car, Elena." Arabella heard Stefan tell Elena as they walked out the front door.

"Start explaining, Damon." Arabella glared at the older Salvatore brother. "Why the hell are there two of them?" She pointed at Katherine with a face of disgust.

"That's the Elena you've told us about? Start explaining." Marnie added, confused about the situation her and Arabella had just walked into. 

"It's good to see you guys, too." Katherine smirked at the two. Arabella and Katherine never got along, even in 1864. The siphoner witch saw right through Katherine, unlike everyone else.

"I will rip your tongue out and shove it down your throat." Arabella threatened as she began to walk towards the vampire, but Damon came in between them.

"Okay, I'll explain." Damon finally spoke up. "So Elena and Katherine are doppelgängers, and the doppelgänger is the key to breaking the sun and the moon curse." He began to explain. "And Klaus wants to break the curse, which means killing the doppelgänger."

"And let me guess, you and Stefan are both in love with Elena?" Marnie asked, knowing how the Salvatore brothers were. Damon Salvatore only cared for a few people in the world, and Marnie and Arabella could tell Elena was one of them.

"Yes, he is." Katherine answered for Damon, which earned a glare from the older brother.

"Wow." Arabella faked a gasp. "It's 1864 the remix, huh?" She glared at Damon. Katherine Pierce had ruined the older Salvatore brother, and Arabella was always there to comfort him.