14. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘴

"Admit it, Arabella. You've fallen for the big bad wolf." Alexander ordered his little sister as the two sat on the motel bed. Klaus and Rebekah had gone off to somewhere, and Stefan was out grabbing a bite to eat, leaving the two Griffith siblings alone. "I see the way you two look at each other. You two are in love." He teased, earning an eye roll from the heretic.

"You're insane if you think I would ever fall for Klaus!" Arabella argued, not ready to admit she had fallen hard for the original. Little did she know, Klaus stood on the other side of the door with a coffee for the heretic, and he heard every word she spoke. The hybrid felt like a knife had pierced through his chest as he walked away from the door, not wanting to hear the rest of the conversation.

"Then I guess I'm insane." Alexander argued back as he turned his head to look at his younger sister. "I've always been able to tell when you're lying, little sis; and you're lying big time right now."

Arabella let out a sigh. The darkest parts of the heretic had fallen so hard for Klaus, and if she admitted it to herself, the darkest parts of her would come to the light. "Fine. I've fallen for him, and it fucking terrifies me." She admitted in a soft voice, but the blonde original that stood on the other side of the door heard every word Arabella spoke.

"That is the best kind of love, Bella." Alexander smiled as he stood up from the bed. "But I think it's time I head to Mystic Falls." He announced as he walked towards the motel door. "I gotta go see Marnie and Damon." Arabella had explained to Alexander the situation with the doppelgänger being alive, and the heretic ordered him to leave for his safety.

Arabella stood up from bed and walked over to her older brother. She wrapped her arms around him as tears slightly pricked at her eyes. For over a hundred years, Arabella believed her brother was dead, but yet here he was and she was having to say good bye to him. "Be careful, Alex." She whispered as she pulled away from his embrace.

"You be safe, Arabella." He whispered back before leaving the room, leaving Arabella alone. The heretic let out a breath as she let the tears stream down her face. There was a big possibility that her and Stefan would not survive once Klaus found out about Elena, and the thought of leaving her brother when she just got him back broke her.

"Hey Arabella, are you ready to go?" The blonde original asked cheerfully as she entered the motel room, but she quickly noticed the heretic's tear stained cheeks. "Arabella, what's wrong?" She asked as she took a seat next to the redhead on the bed. "And where did Alexander go?"

"He uh went to Mystic Falls to see some old friends of ours." Arabella sniffled. "And it's just hard to say goodbye to someone that you haven't seen in so long." She explained as she tears kept falling down her face.

Rebekah turned her head and smiled sympathetically at Arabella. "It'll be okay, Arabella. You'll see him soon I bet." Rebekah tried to ease Arabella's worry.

"Yeah." Arabella agreed, appreciative of Rebekah's attempt of trying to calm her, but the real worry was for herself and Stefan. "But yeah, I'm ready to go." She sighed as she stood up from the bed. The two walked out of the motel room and down the car.

Once Arabella reached the SUV, she tried to open the passenger car door, but Klaus slammed to door back. "Rebekah will be sitting up front with me." Klaus said bluntly, no emotion filling his words.

"Okay." Arabella responded quietly, taken back by the sudden rudeness of the hybrid. Arabella got into the back seat with Stefan, and the rest of the car ride to Gloria's bar was filled with silence.

The four arrived to Gloria's bar and all headed inside. "Gloria, we're here." Klaus announced as he took a seat at the bar.

The witch walked out from the back. "I need more of a connection to the original witch and this necklace, or else I won't be able to help." Gloria explained as she walked up to the four.