07. 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳

Arabella, Alexander, Marnie, Damon, and Stefan all were sitting outside the Salvatore household. The group of five had been best friends since anyone could remember, they did everything together. "Bels and Marnie, are you two prepared for the Miss Mystic Falls pageant?" The oldest Salvatore brother asked in a joking manner, knowing Arabella Griffith dreaded the pageant.

"Oh, be quiet, Damon. You know I'm dreading the day when it comes." Arabella responded. "Especially with you being the man courting me." Everyone in the town of Mystic Falls believed Arabella Griffith and Damon Salvatore would have already been married, but the two were nothing more than best friends.

"Well no one else would want to be your courter." Damon smiled back.

Before Arabella could respond back, the yells of her name were heard from the house over. Everyone in the group turned their heads to the Griffith household to see Henry Griffith standing on the front porch, an angry expression plastered across his face. "I must be going now." Arabella said with anxiety running through her voice.

"Do you want me to come with you, sister?" Her older brother, Alexander; asked with the same anxiety running through him.

"I'll be okay, Alex." Arabella faked a smile towards her older brother as she stood up, but the anxiety grew stronger with each passing second.

Arabella started her walk to her house, and the closer she got she could see the malice expression on her father's face. Arabella never knew why her father despised her so much, he never treated her older brother that way. "Arabella, get inside the house now!" Henry ordered, but he grabbed the siphoner witch's arm and dragged her inside. "I told you to not show your friends the magic we possess, didn't I?" He yelled. When Arabella did not respond, a hand came across the poor girl's face. "Answer me!"

"I did not show them our magic!" Arabella pleaded, but the words she spoke were lies.

"We cannot just stay here." Damon explained as the four of them were still outside the Salvatore house, listening to the abuse Arabella was enduring. "We must go do something!" Damon stood up, ready to go inside the Griffith house and protect Arabella.

"Damon! You will just make it worse for her." Alexander stood up, trying to stop Damon from going to his house. "We need to all just run away." He sighed. "Your father is awful, Marnie's mother is controlling, and our father is a disgrace, we should just leave this god forsaken town."

__________________________________

Arabella groaned as she opened her eyes. She quickly shook her head, trying to forgot the memory that played while she was passed out. The heretic looked around to see she was in the Salvatore house, and not in the quarry anymore. "Oh good! You're awake!" Marnie cheered as she rushed to the bed. "Arabella, why the hell are your eyes glowing red?" Marnie handed Arabella a mirror from the bedside table.

Arabella quickly grabbed the mirror and looked at herself in the reflection. Her eyes were a glowing ruby red color. She quickly blinked her eyes closed, and when she opened them, the red color was gone. "What the hell happened?" Arabella asked. The heretic did not understand how she was in the Salvatore house and not the quarry. "How long have I been passed out? And is Klaus dead?"

"You've been out for two days, Arabella. You passed out once Klaus broke the curse, and no, Klaus isn't dead. Elijah saved him because Klaus promised him he'd reunite him with their family." Marnie explained as she tried to figure out how to tell Arabella about Damon. Tears began to form in the vampires eyes.

"I knew Elijah wouldn't kill him." Arabella groaned as she sat up in the bed. "Is Elena okay? Is she a vampire?"

"Elena's fine. Her real dad did some type of spell that gave Elena his soul or something." Marnie answered as the tears began to fall onto her cheeks.