24. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

"Arabella, I love you."

Those three words echoed through Arabella's mind as she drew mindless shapes with her finger across the cement ground. Those words. Arabella wished she could go back to the night and change the outcome, but she had accepted the original witch and Genevieve were going to end her life, and Klaus Mikaelson would never know that Arabella loved him back. But there was the voice in the back of Arabella's mind that screamed at her, saying all of this was Klaus' fault. She would have never come back to Mystic Falls if it was not for Klaus after all.

'Turn it off' The thought had crossed her mind countless times, but yet her humanity stayed on, not wanting to give Esther the satisfaction even though her veins ran with vervain and body ached with exhaustion and pain. The faint yelling from Esther and Genevieve could be heard, but Arabella was so tired that she could not find the strength to even comprehend what the two witches were carrying on about.

↜✦↝

"Does everyone understand the plan?" Stefan asked as him, Damon, Marnie, Elijah, Rebekah, Willow, Alexander, and Klaus huddled into the SUV. "Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah will take care of Esther." Stefan started to remind the group of the plan they decided on. "Then Marnie, Damon, Alexander, and I will get Arabella while Willow takes care of her aunt."

Everyone in the car nodded as the tension in the air grew thick, knowing the outcome of their plan could become a deadly one. "How bad is the shape Arabella is in?" Marnie muttered towards Willow, her whisper thick with emotion.

"Bad." Willow sighed as she turned to look at the brunette vampire. "Shes been injected with vervain daily, and given just enough blood to keep her alive." She answered. "Now, I've done a cloaking spell on all of us, so neither Esther or my aunt will know we are coming."

The group all looked at each other, their eyes all filled with a sense of determination and something else, fear. "This is our one chance." Damon spoke, making eye contact with the original hybrid. "Let's bring Bels home."

↜✦↝

The metal door creaked open, and Beatrice Griffith softly walked into the room. "Hello, my sweet Arabella." Her voice cracked with emotion as she saw the almost lifeless body of her daughter sitting in chains in the corner of the room.

Arabella looked up at her mother, her eyes that once held so much life and happiness, were now dark and dull. "Mother, why is this happening to me?" She whispered, her voice thick with desperation and torment.

Beatrice walked over towards her daughter and took a seat down on the ground next to her. Beatrice's hand reached out, and she intertwined her fingers with Arabella's, providing a sliver of comfort to her youngest child. A soft sigh left her lips, a small sound that held so much meaning. "You've always been the chosen one, sweetheart." She whispered as tears began to fall down onto her cheeks. "Since you were born, you've always been the chosen one."

Arabella's eyes widened slightly, a mix of confusion and pain formed on her face. "Chosen one?" She repeated back to her mother, her soft voice filled with desperation for an answer. "What are you talking about, mother?"

Beatrice glanced down at the grey surface beneath her, unable to look at her daughter as she began to explain. "You're special, Arabella." She whispered before she began to explain. "You were created out of guilt. The original witch held a great amount of guilt for what she made her son endure, so she gave him a soulmate, but not just any girl, a girl who held so much power within herself, and a girl who would gain much, much more power once she met the original hybrid."

Arabella's widened from her mother's words, her veins turning to ice as she allowed the words she just heard settle into her thoughts. "Wait," She breathed, "Klaus and I are soulmates?" She questioned as everything began to click inside of her head.

Beatrice nodded as she gained the courage to look at her daughter. She opened her mouth to explain more, but the sound of a familiar accent was heard from upstairs. Arabella squeezed her mother's hand, and an ounce of hope ran through her body. "Klaus." She whispered as a silent smile formed across her lips.

Arabella tried to listen to what was happening up above her, but exhaustion and lack of blood kept her hearing from being where it should be. "I can't hear what's going on." She mumbled to her mother. The only sounds that the two could hear were the faint sound of screaming and random objects being broken.

Arabella's eyes stayed locked on the metal door, impatiently waiting for the door to swing open. The hope that slowly melted away each day she spent in chains, slowly washed over Arabella. Each second that passed, the more perturbed Arabella became. She squeezed her mother's hand once more, silently telling her that they were going to be okay after the tortuous hell they had endured the past month.

The anxious wait was over, and the metal door swung open violently. Arabella watched as the raven haired vampire walked into the cement room. Her eyes locked with his piercing blue ones, and a faint smile curved at Arabella'a lips. "Hey Bels." Damon breathed as he began to walk towards the heretic. "I know you hate me right now, but you can't die hating me." He chuckled. As Damon walked towards Arabella, he noticed the other redhead sitting next to her, and his eyes widened in confusion and shock. "Mrs. Griffith?" He questioned, not fully believing she was sitting right in front of him.

"Hello, Damon." She smiled softly before a soft chuckle escaped her lips.

"We've got a lot to catch up on, Damon." Arabella nodded at her old best friend. "But get us out of here, please." She laughed desperately.

Damon nodded before he grabbed the chains that bounded Arabella for the last month. He broke them off of her pale body and held out his hand towards Arabella. "Let's get you out of here, Bels." Arabella took Damon's hand, and as she tried to stand up, her body gave out from the exhaustion. The eldest Salvatore caught the heretic before her body hit the ground, and held her bridal style. "I got you." He whispered as he began to walk Arabella out of the room.

As Damon carried Arabella and Beatrice walked next to the two towards the car, the sound of a familiar voice screamed in happiness, instantly bringing a smile to the heretic's face. "Arabella!" Marnie screamed as she rushed towards her best friend. "God, you're okay." She breathed out as her arms instantly wrapped around Arabella's neck.

"I'm okay." Arabella whispered back as she hugged Marnie back. As Arabella was in Marnie's embrace, she looked up, and her eyes locked with Stefan's, and the memories of their love story played like a movie in her mind. But even though her heart once belonged to Stefan Salvatore, her heart now belonged to someone she was destined to be with, Klaus Mikaelson.

"Mrs. Griffith?" Marnie asked as she pulled away from Arabella, and quickly brought Beatrice in for a hug. "What the hell is going on?" She questioned as shock showed on her face. Arabella glanced over as the group began to converse between themselves, and she saw Klaus start walking towards the car. He looked up from the ground beneath him, and his eyes instantly locked with Arabella's, and their eyes said everything without having to say a word. Both their soft smiles mirroring each other.

Neither Arabella or Klaus knew what was ahead of them, but with the look of love burning from both of their eyes, their story would truly begin.

A/N: AFTER ALMOST TWO MONTHS OF NOT UPDATING THIS STORY, IM BACK!! for those who do not follow me on here, you all deserve an explanation. At the beginning of August, I broke things off with a guy I was with for 2 and a half years. Even though I did not cry, I realized how much trauma I went through in that relationship, and I took time to truly heal from it. But I promise you guys will not have to wait another 2 months for another update. I also lost motivation for this story for a short period of time, hence the short chapter, but I recently have had so many ideas for this book. I came close many times deleting this story, but Arabella and Klaus are my first ever babies, and I could not let their story go unfinished. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter even though it was another short one, but the upcoming ones will be longer, I promise. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed:) feel free to comment and vote!