23. 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦

Three weeks had now passed since the first ever heretic had disappeared along with the original witch. The group sat yet again in the Mikaelson mansion, trying to figure out a way to find Arabella. "Guys, we have to figure out something." The youngest Salvatore muttered, the worry of what is happening to his ex lover and best friend evident in his expression

Klaus glanced over at Stefan, reading his worried expression. "You seemed awfully worried there, Stefan." The hybrid observed. "Why is that?"

Stefan's lips let a soft scoff fall. "Maybe because I care about Arabella." He rolled his eyes, confusion rising in his body from Klaus' words.

Klaus stood up from the couch he was sitting on, swishing the bourbon in his glass. "You didn't seem to care about her when you chose Katherine over her." He spoke with a sly smirk written across his face, almost as if he had been waiting to say that for ages.

"Wait, what?" Rebekah's eyes widen as her eyes darted between her brother and Stefan. "You and Arabella were together?" She asked Stefan with shock evident in her voice.

"Yeah, we were. A long time ago." Stefan muttered as he recalled his memories with Arabella before Katherine Pierce had shown up at his doorstep.

"You and Arabella were together?" The human doppelgänger spoke up, jealously and shock dripping through each word she spoke.

"Oh they were more than just together, Elena." Damon smirked as his head turned to look at the original hybrid. "They were in love." He spoke as he stood up from the chair and walked towards the bar area. "In fact, they were so in love that Stefan had gotten an engagement ring." Damon looked over his shoulder to see Klaus' cocky smirk falter into a jealous glare.

↜✦↝

"Hello, Arabella." A woman spoke as the steel door slowly swung open. A woman, who Arabella did not recognize, walked inside. "We haven't officially met, I'm Genevieve." The woman smiled, but the smile was not filled with warmth, it was filled with a taunting coldness.

A familiar feeling filled Arabella's veins, the same feeling she felt when her, Stefan, and Klaus were on their roadtrip. "You're the witch who was following us..." The heretic softly muttered as she locked eyes with Genevieve.

Genevieve let a soft, sadistic chuckle fall from her lips before one side curved up into a smirk. "Yes that was me, but I did have some help." She started to pace across the room. "My niece, Willow, helped me tremendously." She bent her knees to be at face level with Arabella.

Arabella's lips fell agape. "Willow?" She whispered, unable to believe that one of her friends helped with the situation she was in.

"Can't trust anyone these days, huh?" Genevieve chuckled as she stood up.

The door swung open yet again, and Willow walked inside. "Arabella?" Her eyes widened as she saw her friend in chains. "Aunt Genevieve, what are you doing to her?" Her head snapped towards her aunt. "This wasn't apart of the plan, you can't hurt her." She poke frantically, not wanting her friend to be hurt. "I don't think this is right, Aunt Genevieve."

Arabella's mouth hung slightly open, but no words would spill out. The utter shock of someone she trusted betraying her weighed heavily, and the hurt began to rise in her throat. "How could you?..." She managed to whisper, her voice cracking with each syllable she spoke.

"Arabella, I had no idea..." Willow spoke softly before turning towards her aunt. "What are you doing, Aunt Genevieve?" She asked, guilt evident in her voice.

"You know why we have to do this, Willow. She has to die before the prophecy is fulfilled." Genevieve reminded her niece as she glanced down. "Now, go see if Esther needs help with preparing the spell." She ordered, pointing towards the door.

Willow nodded reluctantly, walking towards the door, but she had no intention in going to meet up with the original witch. As she left the room where Arabella was held captive, she glanced at the exit door down the long hallway, and began to walk towards it. As she walked towards the exit, the painful screams of Arabella Griffith filled the hallways.

↜✦↝

The knock on the Mikaelson door knocked everyone there out of their argument. Alexander stood up from the couch and walked towards the door. The door swung open, and revealed a girl standing there. Willow. "You must be Alexander." Willow smiled softly. "I'm Willow."

Marnie, who sat next to Elijah on the couch, heard Willow introduce herself to the eldest Griffith sibling. She stood up from the couch and hurried towards the door to see the young witch standing there. "Willow? What are you doing here?"

Willow took a step into the house, feeling everyone's eyes on her. "I know where Arabella is." She answered as she glanced at the original hybrid. "Your mother has her, along with my aunt." She began to explain. "And they plan to kill her." She whispered.

The atmosphere in the house became eerie, and fear mixed with the somber air. "What the hell do you mean kill her? Why do they want to kill her?" Damon asked with a glare blazing towards the witch. "Why the hell do they want to kill her?!" He asked the question again when Willow did not answer right away, his voice rising with each word.

"The prophecy." Willow answered, but before she could elaborate, the original hybrid rushed over towards the witch and slammed her against the nearest wall.

"What the hell is this prophecy?" He spoke through his gritted teeth. "And I recommend you tell me everything before I rip your heart out." He threatened, his grip on the witch's throat tightening, cutting off her oxygen.

"Okay, I'll tell you all everything." She spoke, her voice barely audible due to her lack of oxygen. Klaus let go of Willow's throat, resulting in the witch falling to the ground and gasping for air.

"Start talking." Stefan ordered, wanting to find Arabella and bring her to safety.

Willow let out one final breath before she stood up from the ground and walked towards the center of the group. "The prophecy is something the original witch created the night she turned her children into vampires." She began to explain. "The prophecy was written specifically for Klaus." Willow turned her whole body to face the original. "She felt consumed with guilt for what she had you endure at the hands of the man you thought was your father, that she pretty much created you a soulmate."

"I told you, you guys were soulmates." Marnie muttered towards Klaus, her voice dripping with a slight prideful tone.

"The first part of the prophecy was Arabella becoming the first ever heretic, the second part was Klaus breaking his hybrid curse, and the final part, I don't know what it is." She spoke honestly. "My aunt never told me what the final part of the prophecy was, just that we could not let it happen."

"Where is Arabella?" Stefan asked as he walked towards the witch. "And how long do we have until...?" Stefan cut himself off, unable to say the last word of his sentence.

Willow took a seat at one of chairs in the living room. "I'll take you guys there." She glanced around at the group. "But we need to come up with a plan or else Arabella will be killed."

A/N: I finally updated :) sorry for the short chapter, I promise the upcoming ones will be longer! Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed <3 feel free to comment and vote:)