12. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳

"What if Ray lied about his pack being out here?" Arabella asked as her, Klaus, and Stefan walked through the Smoky Mountains. Both Klaus and Stefan started at Arabella. "Look I'm just saying, werewolves are very protective over their people." Arabella through her hands in the air in defense.

"Well I think we just found our pack of werewolves, little heretic." Klaus pointed to the campsite that was filled with multiple people. Stefan walked up towards the campsite, leaving Klaus and Arabella behind. Arabella could hear the woman asking who Stefan was and what was going on. Klaus walked up to the campsite. "The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus." He announced to the werewolves.

"You're the hybrid?" The woman asked with fear evident in her voice. Arabella walked up to the campsite as well.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic." Klaus smiled as Arabella walked up next to him.

"And you're his wife?" The woman asked as she turned her head to look at the redhead.

"Don't ever call me that again." Arabella ordered as disgust ran through her voice. "I'm Arabella." She introduced herself to the woman.

"You're the first heretic." The woman stated with fear evident on her face. Arabella smiled and nodded, and the woman's face changed from scared to petrified. Stefan, Klaus, and Arabella all walked over to a tree log and took a seat.

"It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Klaus began to explain as everyone there listened, but Ray woke up gasping. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?" The first ever made hybrid asked with fear running through his voice.

"Stefan?" Klaus asked, indicating for him to begin to explain.

Stefan stood up. "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die." He explained to the group as he looked around.

"Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Klaus added as he spotted the human in the group. "You!" Klaus rushed over to the man. The hybrid rushed over to the man and bit his forearm and threw him go Stefan. The woman tried to protest, but Klaus grabbed her by her neck.

"If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop." Stefan explained as he threw the human down to the ground next to Ray.

"It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die." Klaus explained.

"I'd rather die than become a vampire." The woman snapped back.

"Wrong choice." Klaus said as he fed the woman his blood. "She'll thank me for that later. Heh." Klaus twisted to woman's neck, killing her. "Okay, who's next?" He asked the group as his eyes turned yellow, and Ray fed on the human man. Klaus began feeding his blood to the group of vampires and killing him. Ray walked over towards a rock and took a seat. Arabella observed the newly made hybrid, and noticed that something was not right. Ray was shivering violently. "There. Good as new. Now you relax, okay, mate? We're gonna need you when the rest of them wake up." Klaus said to the human, compelling him.

"They're dead. They're all dead." Ray said as he continued to shiver. Arabella knew then that something went wrong with the transformation, and she began to think it had something to do with the doppelgänger still being alive.

"Ah, he's through his transition. He should be feeling better soon." Klaus said as he sat next to Arabella. Stefan and Klaus began to talk, but all Arabella could think about was how the hybrids that were just made would not last by the looks of Ray, which meant Elena would be in danger.