Training

Recap
Effie: Every district gets their own floor. And because you're 12, you get the penthouse.

We see shots of their floor. Carter is shown looking around, shocked by the extravagance and technology. It was all foreign to her.

Seeing how advanced and rich the Capitol infuriated them more. Their own people are starving and this is how they live?
•••

Next Day- All the tributes are in a room, weapons all over the walls.

Atla: In two weeks twenty three of you will be dead.

Loki rolls his eyes, "how comforting."

Sirius gulps and grips Remus's hand still terrified that his sweet Elara was in this situation.

Atla: Who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next four days. First no fighting with the other tributes, you'll have plenty of time for that in the arena.

Atla: There are four compulsory activities, the rest will be individual training.

Atla: My advice is don't ignore survival skills. Everybody wants to grab a sword, but most of you will die from natural causes. 10% from infection, 20% from dehydration. Exposure can kill as easily as a knife.

Bucky mentally agrees with the woman, at least she gave them good advice.

We see shots of Carter and the other tributes training. Carter doing monkey bars, watching the others train with guards and throwing knives at the target not missing one.

At the knife scene Bucky's eyes are glued to the screen and he whistles, "That's hot."

Nat nods and gives her an appreciative once over.

"Hell yeah it is." Bucky whips his head towards Sam with a glare, "Keep looking at her like that and I will cut your eyes out birdbrain." Sirius backs the statement up while the avengers just tune it out, they were accustomed to Sam and Bucky's bickering.

Tony decides to keep messing with the soldier, "Don't forget the leather outfit she was in earlier, that was something else."

Bucky's expression hardens but before he can threaten him too Stephan interjects.
"What was that?"

Tony freezes knowing he's done for, "Oh, nothing honey, did I tell you how good you look today?" A cheeky smile on his face.

The scene shows two of the tributes fighting, one accusing the other of taking his knife.

Rebekah looks at the kid dumbly, "why does he care anyway there's a wall full of them?"

Evangeline chuckles, "he just wanted to be seen by the sponsors"

Carter looks around and spots a little girl in the ceiling holding the knife, a big smile stretches across her face. Thresh another tribute also spots her and laughs, amused at the little girl.

Carter looks at Rue on the screen with a melancholy expression and unconsciously leans into Remus for comfort.

The peacekeepers drag the yelling tribute away.

[Scene shifts to dinner]

Haymitch: He's a career, do you know what that is?

Eve: From District one.

Haymitch: And two. They train in a special academy until they are 18. Then they volunteer. And by that point, they're pretty lethal.

Loki interrupts, "I thought they said it was illegal to train beforehand?"