༝ ˚ 。⋆𝐓𝐖𝐎⋆。 ˚ ༝

"Are you lost?"

Sereia flinched, startled by the sudden sound as she stared at an empty platform. There had just been a staircase there not even five minutes ago.

How does a stair case just move?

This castle was like a maze that changed every two seconds. How was she ever supposed to find her way to Marina like this? How was she supposed to find her way anywhere like this? Staircases aren't supposed to move, she was sure it was some kind of hazard.

"Are you lost?"

They persisted. she hadn't answered. This would be the first conversation she would have in years. Sereia turned to see who was speaking to her.

He was a bit taller than her with glassy eyes and hair that was neatly kept out of his face. His accent was tight and made her feel improper just for standing there, just for being lost. He held his wand out in front of him, like he needed it to see almost.

Sereia looked at him, really looked at him. Studying unknown creatures had become a habit of hers and that's exactly what she was doing right now. Studying him.

"I asked you a question."

He persisted, his tone firm but not harsh. Sereia realized she hadn't answered him.

"Yes."

She finally said.

"Where is it that you are trying to go?" He asked her.

He kept talking? Is that what people did after you answered their questions? Just keep talking? She racked her brain, trying to remember where Marina had said she would meet her upon her arrival.

"The Central-" She trailed off, trying to remember the name. "Central Hall?" Offered the boy. "Yes." Sereia finally said.

He didn't smile, not exactly, but something tugged at his lips that made his expression soften. He must have realized that Sereia was completely clueless or directionally impaired at least.

"This way." He told her as he walked down a set of stairs that seemed to fold out beneath him with every step. Sereia followed behind him but she watched in wonder as he just had so much faith in every step that he wouldn't fall and that the stairs would unfurl int time to catch him.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"Central Hall."

Ominis said as they walked out of a corridor and into an atrium of sorts. Sereia felt as if the breath was knocked right out of her.

This was the largest room she had ever seen in her life. Pillars reached up to the arched ceiling lined with decorative windows that allowed sunlight to spill in and bathe practically everything in golden sunlight.

The floors and walls were made of marble and they glistened in the afternoon sun. in the middle of the room was a fountain which seemed to catch her eyes more than anything.

She walked past her guide, up to the rim of the stone fountain, where a mermaid circled the base. She was carved from stone of course but her eyes seemed to stare right into Sereia's, searching her soul.