༝ ˚ 。⋆𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍⋆。 ˚ ༝

"Don't think I don't know what you're doing."

Ominis told sebastian. Sereia had left to go to bathroom before she and sebastian headed to detention together.

"What?"

Sebastian asked, looking at his friend.

"You're using this as an excuse to tamper with dark magic again." "I am not." Sebastian replied.

"I'm blind, sebastian, not stupid. It's like an addiction for you, you just can't get enough. I would have thought that after Solomon-" "Don't."

Sebastian's voice was harsh. He didn't want to be reminded of his uncle, not in any way. He definitely didn't need to be reminded of how he let everyone he cared about down.

Ominis sighed. No matter how much he tried to reason with Sebastian it never seemed to be enough. His voice always fell on deaf ears every single time.

Sebastian had gotten a taste of power and that was a hard thing to forget, no matter how much regret it brought along with it.

"I had hoped that you had learned a lesson."

Ominis continued, choosing not to speak of what they were both thinking. Sebastian had already lost his uncle, now with Anne gone and their new friend from the year before abandoning them to study abroad in Germany, Sebastian was being held together with pins and needles.

Sereia seemed to be one of the only things holding him together at all, even if she hadn't noticed or intended to.

She was a puzzle for Sebastian to solve and one that involved the arcane, which peaked his interest even more.

"Just be careful." Ominis said.

"I will." Sebastian replied.

"And don't drag her down with you." He added, referring to Sereia.

"Poor girl seems skittish enough on her own."

"Skittish?"

"She doesn't talk, Sebastian. She hardly ever speaks, you have to practically beg a response out of her. And what happened with Imelda- Sereria is learning to adjust and it's taking a toll on her. I can't see it in her eyes but I can feel it when she speaks. Sebastian, she's terrified."

"Terrified? Of what?"

"Of everything. You have to understand, Sebastian, she came from a far away place where she had no one and now she's suddenly surrounded by all of these people all the time and she can't get away from them ever. That's why she hardly speaks and that's why she lashed out against Imelda. She would never say it, but Sereia is terrified."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"What I fail to understand, however,"

Ominis continued,

"Is why you'd get detention on purpose to be with her."

"On purpose?"

Sebastian raised a brow at his friend.