༝ ˚ 。⋆𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄⋆。 ˚ ༝

"What's an aunt?" "I'm sorry?"

It wasn't the best first thing I could have said to him, but hell, how was I supposed to know? I was new at this whole "Meeting new people thing" I didn't know what to say or what not to say. So I went with the only thing I could think of to say.

"What's an aunt?"

I repeated myself. He looked at me as if I were crazy, and let's be totally honest with ourselves, I am without a doubt, the craziest person he has ever met.

I was certainly the wildest, raised by the sea and living on my own in the marshes since I was about five.

He looked at me the way that I looked at that damn owl that delivered me my Hogwarts letter.

"Are- are you being serious?"

He asked and I just nodded, too worried for speaking.

"It means she's family. She is the sister of one of your parents."

Family? Now there was something I hadn't had in a while. The only family I had was the ocean and that alone made me sound insane. I couldn't tell him that, I couldn't tell anyone that without them think I've gone mad.

I simply nodded at his response that filled me in on the status of my living relatives. I had an aunt now. Great.

"Professor River is a fantastic teacher."

He continued talking and this time I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or just talking to be talking.

Men are... a funny thing.

"She teaches Mythology to the second years and offers more advanced courses to those who wish to continue studying it while at Hogwarts." He continued.

"She was and still is my favorite professor. And she's our head of house. Everyone here loves her even if they won't say it."

Was he trying to make me feel better? Safer? I didn't get it. Social cues were not something I had learned yet.

"You don't talk much."

He finally said, turning to look at me once more. He was grinning, it was a soft grin and his eyes seemed to sparkle in the low lighting of the common room. I felt a heat fan across my chest. It was a feeling I wasn't familiar with, it was barely a feeling at all it was so faint.

"Don't got much to say."

I replied, the drawl of my voice contrasted with his.

"That's fair, I suppose."

He replied.

"You're in a new place, I'm sure it's frightening."

He continued and stepped closer to me. I didn't like this. I still wasn't used to people I wasn't used to contact.

"You probably need help finding your dorm, come on, I'll show you to the girl's dormitories."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

The dorm room itself was larger than my entire home back on the island.