Chapter Six; 𝗮 𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿'𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗱

New Character alert!!

(pls comment and vote) HAVE Y'ALL LISTENED TO SKIN AND BONES (David Kushner), BEAUTIFUL THINGS (Benson Boone), AND CIGARETTE (Shaya Zamora)??? OH MY DAYS it's so goooooood

~

The stone of the bench was cold. The sun had been unable to shine upon it recently, and so when Jadwiga sat graciously and elegantly, she yelped and stood immediately. Her friends, new and yet closer than anyone had ever been to her, laughed and joked about her.

She couldn't help but roll her eyes, chuckling along as she tucked in a stray strand of hair. Instead of its usual tight bun, Jadwiga had styled her hair in a some-up-and some down style where the bottom half had been curled meticulously and to the point there was no fault to show.

She wore mascara, but that was to the extent of her makeup.

"You need to wear warmer clothes." Theo, one of the closest to Jadwiga, commented as he placed a cigarette loosely between his lips. The lighter he grabbed from its stashed place of the pocket of his trousers made an appearance and the brunette girl scowled in disapproval.

"You need to quit smoking."

"We're gonna die eventually, sweetheart," Theo spoke with raised brows and curiously glancing towards the Ravenclaw girl, "may as well shorten the ride." He watched her roll her eyes, a continuous motion she seemed to do when hanging out with them. They missed the scowled expression of a certain boy that approached them, not saying a word to Jadwiga.

"Oh, Enzo-" she turned quickly, looking towards her closest friend. His eyes widened, giving her a puppy-eyes look and she sighed softly. "First of all, no need for petty little expressions, i'm not catching you out on anything." He let out a deep breath, grinning anxiously before frowning.

"Wait, then what-"

"I was gonna ask if you managed to finish your potions homework." She then added, cutting Enzo off. "You told me earlier you were stuck...?" His eyes seemed to widen in realisation before he spluttered to answer her question. His mannerisms were suspicious to the Ravenclaw girl, and she squinted her eyes. His brown - but almost hazel - eyes darted to each members of the group for help, but to no avail. He constantly bit his lip, concentrating in making a coherent excuse for his delayed response and his feet shifted a little uneasily.

"Uhm yeah, no. Uh...Library at, uh, let's say...eight o'clock?" He finally spat out, and Jadwiga smiled. It was tight lipped and didn't reach her ears, but she seemed to have accepted it because she turned and moved back to the cold stone bench of the courtyard; she sat down slowly.

"Oh, my god, Jadi, you'd never believe what i saw!" Pansy rushed to sit beside Jadwiga, her legs crossing one over the other whilst she leant on her hand. She put her mouth near Jadwiga's ear and began to whisper, "Silas-freaking-Sallow stared at you today!"