13

Das parked the truck inside the building as we both glanced at each other.

"Na iruka payapudatha," Das whispered. Suddenly, my side truck door opened, and a rough hand pulled me out. I struggled as Das also climbed out and came by my side.

"Na pathukura," Das said, taking my arm as we both walked, I think, to Bavani. I noticed more adi aalunga following us. Das and I looked back at them, then looked at each other, realizing they must be the ones going to kill us.

When we reached a room, I saw more people waiting for us, but I didn't know who Bavani was. The man signaled to the others behind us, and they pushed me and Das to walk forward.

"Enna poi, appadi kuthi poda signal kudukuriya?" Das asked, realizing that the man was Bavani.

"Neethana sonna ennaku uyiraiye kudupanu, atha kudu," Bavani asked, glancing at me.

"Ne enna, enkitta irunthu thapichite iruka," he said to me as I glared at him.

"Ayyayo, appa payanthutta," he said, and I chuckled sarcastically at him.

"Neethana athu Bavani?" I asked him.

"Athu nane," he replied.

"Innaiku tha un kadasi naal nalla irunthuko," I said to him, and his smile dropped.

"Ennakka onnaknu paakala," Bavani said as his adi allunga pushed me and Das into the room. They made us sit on the bench as they stood in front of us.

"Dei, ivala kollanuma da?" the first guy asked, and the three looked me up and down.

"Evana konnurala," the second guy said, pointing to Das, "ivala vachi seiyalam," he said, pointing to me. I gulped as three men eyed me.

The third guy walked towards me, and his hand was about to reach my face. Since my hands were still tied, I couldn't stop him. A hand suddenly reached out and grabbed his hand.

"Ava mela kai pattuchu....," Das said twisting his arm, breaking it and making him scream in pain. Das then pushed him to the ground, and the other two guys stared at him before deciding to run towards Das.

After Das fought and subdued the three attackers, he came back to me, kneeled in front of me, and cut the rope that tied my hands. I stared at him.

"Ne, okay thana?" I asked him as he looked up at me and nodded. We both shared a moment of silent understanding. Suddenly, we heard the sounds of approaching adversaries.

"Das," I gestured towards the door. He sighed and stood up.

"Enkudaye va," he said, walking out as the guys started to come towards us.

As Das continued to fight, suddenly two guys jumped on him and restrained him. He struggled against their hold. Panicking, I looked around and spotted a rod. I quickly grabbed it and rushed towards them. Just as one of the guys was about to stab Das, I struck him with the rod. He stumbled back, and I swiftly hit the other guy, forcing them to release Das. Seizing the opportunity, Das quickly regained control of the situation.

After the continuous fight, no one else appeared, and Das and I walked out.

"Pasangala kandupudikanum," I said, and Das grabbed my hand as we ran. I noticed him without a shirt.

"Anna," I called as I saw Bavani, who was all beaten up.

"Pasangala ellarayum vandila ethunga," Anna said, and we both nodded.

"Seri na."

"Seri master."

We quickly went to the boys.