Fida

His eyes were hungry

His lips dripping with lust

so I starved him a bit longer, watched him beg

Deprivation brings out our inner animal

And I wanted him wild

- Bloom

As promised by Murtasim, no one in the family asked what transpired between the two and where they were for two nights. Meerab was grateful for this, knowing how intrusive their family was. Whatever Murtasim had said to Maa Begum had pacified the matriarch, or maybe it was the closeness and bond she saw between the couple.

Murtasim and Meerab had been trying to date. Try being the key word as he was really busy. There was a feud over disputed land, and it was taking up all his time. He was spending time talking to people and poring over old papers with Anwar Abbu. They made it a point to have dinner together. Whatever time he made it home and post dinner, they spent at least an hour together discussing their day, but they hadn't had uninterrupted time in a while, and it was time to remedy that.

She wanted to make the one month waiting memorable for them just like a pre wedding courtship would have been. With that thought in mind, she walked to his study with a coffee for him. He had been holed up there all day, probably smoking as he pored over the files.

The door was open, and she found him sitting at his chair, rubbing his temples as he looked over the file in hand. Probably a headache, she thought, shaking her head. The man worked way too much sometimes. Well, she could fix that.

"Shayad tum bhool gaye ho ke tumhari koi biwi bhi hai"

He looked up and smiled at her. "Aap ko kaise bhool sakte hai Mrs. Khan? You rule over this house and my mind."

"Coffee?" She asked, holding the mug towards him.

He shook his head. "Pehle tum. Come here, please. I haven't touched you all day."

Meerab rolled her eyes, but she walked towards him. "Dramebaz," she tsked.

He smiled, and as soon as she was within his range, he pulled her hand, so she stumbled and landed in his lap.

"Murtasim!" She gasped.

He shrugged, hugging her tighter to him and settling her in so she sat comfortably. He buried his face in her neck and sighed as if at peace.

"Koi aa gaya toh?" She asked but made no move to pull away from him. She had missed this.

"Hmm..toh aa jaye. Mujhe koi farak nahi padta. Haq halal ki biwi ho meri tum, " He said, nuzzling into her neck.

She smiled. He really was cute sometimes.

"Hmm..bilkul. dekhte hai Maa Begum ke saamne ye keh sakte ho ya nahi" she challenged.

"Sab ke samne keh sakta hoon jaan...azma kar dekh lo."

"Ye bhi kar lenge. Pehle coffee toh pilo."

He kissed her forhead before leaning over and taking the cup from the table.

"Sar me dard hai? You were rubbing your temple when I came in, " she asked.