chapter 35: Love in the Recovery Room

Jungkook's pov

So, here we all were, cramped up in the doctor's office, eagerly waiting for some answers to our burning questions.

Everyone was there except for Yoongi, Taehyung hyung, Hana, and Ji-hoon. Jade had sent them to keep Y/n company and prevent any unnecessary stress. And the other two were catching up on some well-deserved sleep.

The doctor had just laid his hands on the reports and was scrutinising them with great concentration.

We had been waiting for ages for him to spill the beans. He looked calm and collected, like he was surfing through a boring magazine rather than our life-altering medical results.

His expressions were all over the place, as if he had stumbled upon a major plot twist in the reports.

Despite the tension in the room, he didn't seem worried that we'd attack him. Not that we had any plans to do so, of course.

So, there we were, face to face with a fresh-faced doc who looked like he belonged in a J.Crew catalog, not in a hospital. As he dropped Y/n's file on the table, he gave us the "I'm ready to spill the beans" signal.

"According to this report, there's some sketchy stuff we need to chat about," the doc said, looking concerned. Namjoon asked what the deal was, his cool demeanour belying his true feelings.

The tension in the room was thicker than a peanut butter sandwich. The doc sighed before handing over the report for us to peruse.

"Looks like Y/n was given enough meds to knock out a horse. Lucky for her, she only ended up in a coma," he said, a creepy smile creeping onto his face.

I was tempted to slip him some paralysing pills and throw him in a pit with a pack of hungry dogs. But, you know, that's probably not ethical.

"Can you believe it? This doctor actually thinks she's lucky to be in a coma!" I huffed, shooting a disbelieving look at Namjoon who seemed determined to keep his cool amidst my rising frustration in the room.

"What on earth do you mean by that?" Namjoon quizzed. "She could have kicked the bucket if it weren't for the lack of drugs in her system for a good two months. Do you think there's a reason someone wanted her memory wiped clean?" He inquired with a raised eyebrow.

Jin spilled the beans that she's been on a strict hospital-only diet since they brought in the doctor and nurses for her surgery. Now that's some next-level control freakery, if you ask me.

In a humorous turn of events, the doctor simply nodded and asked, "So, what's the name of this mysterious doctor you saw?"

Jin hyung sneakily looked at Namjoon hyung, who gave a subtle nod, before Namjoon spilled the beans, "It was Doctor Choi Beom Seok, who used to be here."

The doctor couldn't help but chuckle at the coincidence. "Well, well, well! What are the odds? I'm actually Choi Beom Seok too!"

Hold up! Is this some kind of crazy sitcom plot twist?

With a look of disbelief, the doctor remarked, "I've been on this gig for two decades and never met another Choi Beom Seok. What are the chances?"

Jade wasn't having any of it. "How is this even possible? We distinctly remember the other Choi Beom Seok, and I have serious doubts about your identity!" she babbled in a frenzy, trying to keep her promise to Y/n's dad.