chapter 36: Unveiling the Secrets

Y/n Pov
Finally, after one whole week, I was back home. I couldn't wait to escape that awful hospital with its overpowering smell of medicines that seemed to set my nostrils ablaze.

And now, I was back where I belonged, in Lee Mansion. My brother, Ji-hoon, had taken my phone claiming that I needed rest and that having it would only distract me. I didn't argue with him and let him keep it.

Something was off in my mind. I kept forgetting things, even though I could remember every single detail of my life. I still have no clue how I ended up in that place in the first place.

Nobody bothered to explain it to me.
Ji-hoon started working from home, which I knew was really tough on him. But he didn't leave my side. I vaguely remembered him leaving for a meeting once, only to return after an hour. Lately, he had been acting strangely, like he was keeping some secret from me.

He went above and beyond to help me when I couldn't find my books, placing sticky notes all around my room four days ago. The doctors explained that this forgetfulness was a side effect of the narcotics I had taken, and unfortunately, it will persist for at least two months.

Right now, I'm sitting here, gazing at the beautiful night sky filled with stars and a single moon. It's a lonely moon. I can't help but compare myself to the moon. It's always close to the sun but can never reach it, just like how I'm close to Jungkook but we weren't able to meet.

I really wanted to see him, but I wasn't allowed to. I kept asking Ji-hoon, but he insisted it was better for me not to go. On the bright side, Ji-hoon updated me that Taehyung's hand was okay now, and Jimin was in good spirits, happily flirting with Hana and Jade.

Suddenly, I heard Ji-hoon's voice from behind, and I turned to see him standing by the glass door. I greeted him with a smile, which he returned.

He walked over and settled into the chair beside me, his arm wrapping around my shoulder as we both gazed up at the night sky.

Y/n: Is mom asleep?

I inquired, and he responded with a hum.

Ji-hoon: You knew Jun tae wasn't their father, right?

My eyes turned towards him, and I hummed in agreement.

Ji-hoon: And you knew Lin yi was only sent by him because he was unaware of your existence.

Once again, I responded with a hum. He let out a shaky breath and turned to face me, locking eyes with mine.

I couldn't comprehend the intense look in his eyes. He seemed angry for some reason. Was it because I hadn't told him about all of this?

Ji-hoon: And yet, you still want to go there and see them.

I hummed again, affirming my decision.

Ji-hoon: Did you donate your tongue or eat it?

He sarcastically questioned, dripping with sarcasm. I thought about responding with another hum but decided against it.

Y/n: How did you find out?

I asked, causing him to roll his eyes.

Ji-hoon: Jade told me right after you were discharged. She wanted me to know before she told the others.

I realized why Ji-hoon was sharing all this with me now. He wanted to understand how I had found out, since none of it would have happened if I hadn't known.

Y/n: So now everyone knows.

Ji-hoon nodded slightly, and I
narrowed my eyes, feeling skeptical.

Y/n: Even mom?