The beginning of love

Chapter One

Its cold not only outside but in my heart.
I am Melody. Age? About 13 years. I don't have a last name. Glad I didn't have to associate a name with those devils.
I am a slave of the people who gave birth to me to have their personal servant.

I am returning from work. Yes, a 13 year old goes to work at least in my owners house.
I have lost the will to live but I'm a coward so death isn't an option.

I go to school, surprisingly.
They want me to get a job with better money.
All my classmates are rich.
I get bullied?
No they are scared of me.
I guess that's good.
There is one guy that keeps pestering me. His name? I think it was Eren or something. I am going to work Eren is following me. He keeps asking questions but I ignore him.
A black cat has crossed the street. It brings bad luck they say. Eren stops to avoid the cat. I keep walking.

A truck rushes in and hits the cat. Eren and I just watch. He isn't a coward. I ask him "Aren't you scared?"
"No, the cat would have died eventually" he says.
I am surprised by this 15 year old boy.
Oh i was admitted 2 years earlier than anyone. I seem to be smart that's what they say.
I reach the restaurant and start washing dishes, Eren leaves.

*the next day*
I start heading to work. He isn't here.
I reach where the cat died.
Suddenly I get dizzy and the whole world spins. After I open my eyes, I am somewhere else. A pretty fairy like person opposite to me is infront.
I have brown skin she has fair skin. I have dark brown eyes she has green. I am short and skinny while she is tall and well fed.
She looks pretty.
I ask her "Did you kidnap me?"
"No, actually yes but.."
"My family won't spend a dime for me" I say. I am not here to ask for ransom, I am here to give you magic powers." Am i dreaming? No everything is real but, magic? powers? What the hell is she talking about.
The lady grabs my hand and says something. I can feel my body change. Its light and I can shoot air out of my hand. Is this it what will i do with air?
She seems to read my thoughts "You will grow stronger if you practice." I don't know why but this makes me happy. For the first time ever.
I started to move my hands and smile. Smiling feels good!

"Melody?" someone calls me.
I turn around its Eren, what is he doing here?
He speaks "I have never seen you smile."
I remain silent.
"I was also brought here by this lady."he speaks shooting flames from his hand.
So I got air and he got fire.

"What do you take from us?" I ask the lady.
"You have to grow strong."she says.
"That's it?" I ask.
"Yes that's it " she replies and sends us back.

My owners will beat me for not going to work.
Eren speaks "Did you miss work?"
"Yes, you should go back it's late " I say wanting for him to stay.
He walks over and hugs he, "I don't want to go" he says.
I cry.
His company made me happy, I could finally cry. He didn't tell me to stop crying rather he told me "Only cry when I'm with you." this made me happy.

I had fallen in love with this boy and he didn't know what a psychopath he was dealing with.
We left after I stopped crying, he even bought me dark chocolate. It was good, very good.

I got a beating after I got home. But it didn't hurt as much I had gotten used to it. Besides I had Eren to comfort me tomorrow at magic class. Oh I forgot to mention we are practicing magic tomorrow.

*the next day*
I started to learn how to use air and Eren learned to use fire. The lady said we were quick learners.
Everyday went by practicing magic and meeting Eren. I had fallen head over heels in love. I think he didn't know that. He liked me but I don't know if it's the friendly 'like' or romantic 'like'.

I am 16 now.

Today is a special day Eren told his parents about me, they reported my owners to the police. I am finally free.
I will stay alone in a apartment. I told the police that I had my own money so I didn't need the government. The lady has been giving us money for each monster we kill.
I am very thankful to her.

She told us that she is going to introduce us to the city.
We actually teleported to another planet using magic. The planet had three sun's.

After I finish college Eren and I are going to become citizens of the new planet. The name of the planet is 'Azure'.

It's a long story ahead for Eren and me.

                        ***