Traitors

Chapter Two

I just started college.
I was living alone. ' Was ' because Eren has moved to the apartment next to me. I'm very happy but I can't express it.
He often cooks for me and he makes better food than me so.
There has been a problem though. Eren's mother isn't well. Unlike mine his parents are very sweet and kind. They even treat me nicely. I like them.
Eren has gone out to visit his mother but her condition is getting worse and worse.

It's been a few days. Eren's mother passed away. Even I am shedding tears. He looks miserable and his dad even worse. It's summer vacation and he has gone home to comfort his father. Without Eren I am starting to get nightmares I used to get them but with Eren they had stopped but know they have started to appear again. Yesterday I dreamed of Eren hanging himself I woke up from my dream because I was unable to breathe. If I have to live without him dying.

It's five days later.
Fuck this can't be happening, I think as I look at the message from Eren. " Dad hit his car in a tree and is dead."
What the hell is he telling the truth? Of course he is. His father had fallen in love with his mother and they loved each other dearly but leaving him alone? I hate them. I suddenly got a recollection of the dream I had.
It was 10 pm but I called the cab and went to his house.
My imagination wouldn't leave me alone. What if something had happened to him?
It started to rain. I don't have an umbrella, the cab reaches outside. I rush his house and bang the door. " Eren open the door." I say. I moment of silence and my heart is beating too fast.
The door opens and i see him standing.
I rush to him and hold him not a hug but hold him as to not let him get away.
He speaks "Are you also going to leave me like those traitors, Melody?" asks Eren.
"Never " i reply.
I pull him inside and head to the only room with the lights on.
"Have you eaten?" "No."
"Sleep here I will cook " i say that and head to the kitchen. After a while, i bring him a quick meal. "I'm not hungry " he a says. I take the spoon and feed him. He eats the meal with no complaints. I hadn't seen him look so pale ever. "Eren I love you " I say, this is my first proclamation of love. He doesn't say anything for a moment but bursts into tears and hugs me. "I love you " says Eren. Aren't I supposed to be happy that he loves me? Then why am I not?
He holds my face and kisses me. He soon falls asleep as I caress his hair slowly. It's morning when I wake up Eren is still sleeping and I go and prepare breakfast. "Eren let's head back to the apartment " I say. "Ok " he nods.
We are back at the apartment.
Eren has caught a cold. I have been taking care of him ever since. I'm glad my dream wasn't true, if he were to die I would crumble apart.
*after a couple of days*
We are back at college, Eren had held back two years to study together with me. He took the two years to get experience in social work and even took a job and took part in a training camp. Even though I was known as the smartest one, he was league's ahead of me not that I was jealous.
I started having nightmares I thought I would be fine if Eren was here but I can't sleep. I dream of things I never want to see. I don't have the energy to study or stand up.
"Melody are you having trouble sleeping?" He asks. "A little" I reply.
Our conversations have never been long and we just understood each other with a few words. Even while training or killing monsters we only needed a word to understand our strategy.
It's night time and I'm taking my sleeping pills, not that it helps me. There is a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I ask. "It's me Melody." Eren replies. I open the door he is there in a t-shirt and trousers. "Are you sleeping here?" I ask. "Yes." "Do you have space on the bed or extra mattress for the floor?" Eren asks me. "You can sleep on the bed." I say. He climbs in the bed and adjusts the blanket.
First time in my life I have a blush on my cheeks that aren't formed by slaps.
Eren smiles whole heartedly. "This is the first time I've seen you blush." He says.
Tears come out of my face. "Eren I know we always understood each other but for you to do this for me..." I stop. "Melody I've never said this but I've always loved you from the day I saw you working to today. You have always been the kindness person I've seen. Even if you acted like you didn't care you buried the cat and you came to me when I needed you the most. You don't see your own kindness. You are possessive and obsessive, I like that about you. I like your looks, i like it that you like me. I will do anything for you." He says in almost one breath.
I don't speak but he already knows what I will think or say. He just lays me down and goes to turn off the lights. He comes to the bed and hugs me tightly, that's what I like. We have never hugged but he knows I like tight hugs. I also have lots of stuffed animals in my room. I don't need them now. I thought I didn't need sympathy but I needed so much of it. He gave me something better, better than sympathy he gave me ' love ', something I never dreamed of having.
That's why I Love Him.