Another Loss

One day I was with Eren training Chasis. Someone rushed in and told us ,"There...There is some monster killing everyone in near the forest." We were shocked to hear that suddenly but Eren rushed to open a teleportation portal and we went in.
Oh yes, he also knew teleportation. After we arrived there were purple flames burning the forest and several dead bodies were on the ground. Eren and I rushed to save people from the incoming fire. We told them,"Head to the central town." Everyone rushed away and we were left there.
Nothing was attacking us anymore but suddenly a big ball of fire headed our direction we managed to dodge it but it was very strong. Eren rushed to the direction of the fire while I prepared a powerful attack. We don't need to talk most times, we just know what we are doing.
A few moments later I can only here Eren's footsteps, he isn't running after a second he comes out holding a woman by her hood. She seemed tired and worn out, she had bright purple hair just like the flames.
While different coloured hair were common I had never seen purple hair. She was pretty but battered, pale and thin. She almost reminded me of my past self.
"Eren let's take her to our house."
"She might be very dangerous."
"I will cast a magic that releases in an instant." I say.
"Okay then you float her with air and I will cast the magic." Eren smiles.
"It will wear you down."
"I'll be fine." Says Eren reassuring me.
He opens up a portal and I float her while Eren watches her intently.
After we reach home its already dark, I cook her food and feed it to her.
We don't sleep that night.
"Why don't you sleep you will get very tired." Says Eren. "Why? You want to admire her alone?" I say sarcastically.
I had never told Eren something like this before.
"Then you hold up the magic." He says.
"Are you going to sleep?" I ask. Without replying he goes behind me and hugs me. I put up the magic.
He's warm, his touch makes me feel so many emotions I have never felt, he slowly bites my neck and licks the wound. He was already reaching below my neck when we felt a movement.

The girl had woken up. I hold my magic up as she wakes up.
"My mana is almost finished no need to be so wary." She exclaims.
"It's rude to ask to trust you when we don't even know your name." I reply lowering the magic while Eren shows more caution.
She speaks after looking at Eren and sighing,"I am Eleanor, and why do you expect me to give introductions when you kidnapped me."
"We saved you be thankful. I am Melody and this is Eren." I say.
She says,"So, not gonna kill me?"
I reply,"Information."
"Let me tell you this I am Eleanor Cor of Azure." she speaks. So you are proclaiming yourself to be royalty?
"Yes, I told this to the people but they laughed at me." Says Eleanor. "Anyone would laugh at you so.. after that you became angry and burned half the forest." I ask. "Yes and I'm sorry without the crown I can't fully control my prowess." She says.
"We will take you to the crown but you know that you will die if you aren't royalty." Eren asks her.
"Yes i know but I trust my parents they said I was to become queen before they died." She tells us.
I believe her. She might be scamming me but she's gonna die by my hands or the crown's if she is lying.

*the next day*
Lots of people are gathered to witness another person lose their life.
I had bought her a pretty dress and got her ready so she would be the Queen in a great dress or would die wonderfully.
After the crown is placed on her head by a pope and it shines red and a bolt of lightning hits her.
Many people close their eyes and I shrug as another life was lost for no purpose.

                         ***