Act 1, Scene 6: Hunted

~Dreamworld~

The area was completely black only for a light hovering over a disoriented Zack. He looked down at his hands.

His hands shifted from looking normal to the black claws of Venom and back to normal.

Zack looked up as lights lit a path forward. Zack followed the path. As he was following the path, voices called out to him.

Unknown Voice: How could you.

Zack immediately recognized the voice.........

.........as his mother's.........

Zack's Mother: She was your sister.

Zack tried speaking, only when he opened his mouth, nothing came out. No sound, no words, no anything. He was stuck and only able to listen.

Zack's Mother: Did you even try to stop them?

Zack's eye shifted to the side, recalling that day.

Zack's Mother: I knew from the day you were born, you'd be nothing but trouble.

Zack looked up, now looking at the ghostly figure of his mother. Next to her was his ghostly sister, Nina.

Zack's Mother: I knew introducing you to them was a terrible mistake. I guess, I hoped they'd kill you instead.

Black veins formed along Zack's face, as his arms were turning into Venoms arms.

Zack's Mother: I always wished it was you who died in that crate that day. You were never a human being......you're a freak. A bully. But most of all.......You're a monster.

????: We are no monster. That honor belongs to you. Child neglect. Child abuse. The whole package. We turned our lives around. Can you say the same?

The Ghost of Zack's Mother and Nina looked at Zack as he finally managed to speak. Only it was him, it was Venom.

Venom: You call us monster, we are no monster

Venom: You call us monster, we are no monster......We...are...VENOM!

Venom lunged at the ghost, as the area faded into complete darkness.

~Real World~

Zack shot up from the couch, panting and covered in sweat. He placed his hand on his heart and felt it beating fast.