Chapter 6

After taking a bath, Nunew emerged from the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his hips. As he stepped out, Max and Net, caught off guard, quickly turned away to give him some privacy. Zee, on the other hand, found himself unintentionally staring for a moment before realizing the situation and promptly turning around.

Nunew, feeling a bit shy about the unexpected attention, blushed and, without saying a word, swiftly grabbed his pajamas and retreated back into the bathroom to change.

Zee, now facing the other direction, cleared his throat and tried to lighten the mood, "Sorry about that, Nunew. We're still getting used to having a roommate. Take your time getting changed." Max and Net, who were trying not to laugh, exchanged amused glances as they waited for Nunew to finish changing.

Nunew, now dressed in fresh clothes, sat down with a slightly apologetic expression on his face, holding the wet sketchpad. He looked at Zee and said, "I'm sorry about the design. The rain caught me off guard, and the sketchpad got wet. But don't worry, I'll have something to present to you and your team tomorrow. I'll make sure it's worth the wait."

Zee, understanding the situation, responded with a reassuring smile, "No need to apologize, Nunew. We appreciate your effort, and we're looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Take your time, and let us know if you need anything."

Nunew nodded gratefully, "Thanks for understanding, Zee. I'll make sure to have the designs ready for tomorrow's presentation."

The next morning, despite staying up all night working on the sample sketches, Nunew pushed himself to attend his 8 am class. He felt unwell, but he didn't want to miss anything important. His friends were concerned about him, but he reassured them, saying he was fine.

After the class, Professor Smith approached Nunew and asked if the samples were ready. The basketball team had a meeting scheduled for the finalization of the design of their jersey uniform. Nunew nodded, indicating that he had the sketches ready, and followed Professor Smith to the meeting hall of the basketball club.

Entering the room, Nunew was greeted by the curious and expectant faces of Zee, Max, Net, and the rest of the basketball team. The atmosphere was filled with anticipation as they gathered for the crucial discussion on the design that would represent their team in the upcoming tournament.

As Nunew passionately presented the design options, he suddenly felt his surroundings darken, and his world began to spin uncontrollably. Before anyone could react, Nunew collapsed to the ground. Zee, sensing that something was wrong, acted swiftly, rushing to Nunew's side.

Zee gently tried to rouse him, but Nunew was unresponsive. Zee quickly realized that Nunew was burning with a high fever. Concerned and alarmed, Zee shouted for help, and the basketball team rallied around.

With the urgency of the situation, they decided to take Nunew to the school clinic immediately. Zee, with the help of Max and Net, carefully carried Nunew to the clinic, where the school nurse was ready to provide immediate attention.

The nurse assessed Nunew's condition and promptly started an IV fluid to address his dehydration. She administered a fever-reducing medicine to bring down his temperature. The room was filled with tension as everyone anxiously awaited news on Nunew's condition, hoping for a swift recovery.

Zee, visibly worried about Nunew's well-being, instructed Max to take the lead in choosing the final design for the jersey uniform. Max nodded in understanding and reassured Zee that he would handle things in his absence. Zee stayed by Nunew's side in the clinic, anxiously waiting for him to wake up.

As Nunew slowly regained consciousness, Zee sighed with relief. "You had us all worried there," he admitted, a mix of concern and relief in his voice. "How are you feeling now?"