Chapter 2

After their classes concluded for the day, Nunew gathered his friends, Nat, James, Yim, Janis, and Esther, to discuss a potential change in their living situation. As they strolled across the campus grounds, Nunew voiced his thoughts, "Hey, guys, I was thinking. I'm getting tired of driving back and forth from my condo every day. What if we check with the Dormitory attendant to see if there are any available spaces for us?"

His friends listened attentively, intrigued by the idea. Nat chimed in, "That's not a bad idea, Nunew. It would save us a lot of time commuting, and we could focus more on our research paper, being so close to the school and library."

James nodded in agreement, "Plus, we'd be just a stone's throw away from campus events and activities. It could be a fun change."

Yim added, "It might make things more convenient for all of us. I'm up for it!"

Janis, always practical, asked, "Do you think there will be enough space for all of us in the dorm? It's getting pretty late in the academic year."

Esther, optimistic, responded, "Well, we won't know unless we ask. It's worth a shot, and it could be a great way to spend more time together."

Encouraged by his friends' positive responses, Nunew decided they should inquire about dormitory availability.

As the group approached the dormitory attendant, they inquired about the availability of rooms. To their luck, there was one room with four bedrooms and another room with a single bedroom. The news sparked a lively discussion among Nunew and his friends about how to divide the spaces.

Nat, James, Yim, Janis, and Esther began to share their opinions, each proposing different combinations of roommates for the four-bedroom space. The friendly banter quickly turned into a bit of a quarrel, with everyone having their own preferences on who should stay together.

Amidst the debate, Nunew, sensing the rising tension, decided to ease the situation. With a calm demeanor, he said, "Hey, guys, let's not make this a big deal. I can join the room. It's not a problem for me."

His friends paused, looking at Nunew with surprise and gratitude. Janis spoke up, "Nunew, are you sure? We don't want you to feel left out."

Nunew reassured them, "Absolutely. I don't mind at all. Besides, it might give me some quiet space for my fashion design projects. You guys can enjoy the four-bedroom setup."

His friends, appreciating Nunew's selfless gesture, agreed to the arrangement. With the paperwork completed, the dormitory attendant accepted their request for the available rooms. She handed them a set of instructions, "Great! Your request is approved. You can start moving tomorrow evening. We'll need some time to clean the other room and inform the occupants that Nunew will be joining them."

Nunew and his friends exchanged relieved smiles, grateful that their plan was falling into place. Nat, with a nod, said, "Thank you so much! We appreciate your help."

The dormitory attendant smiled back, "No problem at all. We'll make sure everything is ready for your move. Just come by tomorrow evening, and we'll assist you with the process."

As they left the dormitory office, the friends discussed plans for the upcoming move.

As Zee and his friends finished their basketball practice, they headed to the locker room to freshen up. Max, Tutor, Net, Joss, and Jay exchanged banter and laughter as they prepared for a quick shower. The sound of running water echoed in the locker room as the team members cleaned up after an intense practice session.

Once they were done, the group gathered their belongings and made their way to their dormitory room. Excitement filled the air as they discussed plans for the evening. Max, with a grin, suggested, "How about some barbecue and beer to unwind?"