Chapter 16

After finalizing the purchases, Zee and Nunew left the store, the elegant bags containing their chosen suits in hand. As they stepped into the bustling mall, Nunew, with a playful pout, expressed his hunger.

Nunew: Zee, I'm hungry. Let's get something to eat.

Zee chuckled at Nunew's adorable pouting.

Zee: Alright, alright. How about we treat ourselves to some dessert? Cake and ice cream?

Nunew's eyes lit up with excitement, and he immediately grabbed Zee's hand.

Nunew: Yes, please! Lead the way, my dessert connoisseur.

Zee grinned, enjoying the playful banter as they made their way to a charming cafe. 

Zee and Nunew found a cozy spot in the cafe, and as Zee went to place their orders, a man approached Nunew.

Man: Are you alone?

Nunew, with a polite smile, replied, "No, I'm here with my boyfriend."

The man, seemingly unfazed, retorted, "Well, I don't see him. That means you're alone."

Nunew, turning around with a grin, pointed at Zee who was in the midst of ordering.

Nunew: Have you seen that handsome man in front of you? That's my boyfriend, so please get off our table.

The man, taken aback, smirked and walked away, choosing another table. When Zee returned with their orders, he noticed the tension in Nunew's expression. He raised an eyebrow inquisitively.

Zee: Everything okay, babe?

Nunew sighed, recounting the encounter with the persistent stranger.

Nunew: Some guy asked if I was alone and wouldn't believe me when I said I was here with my boyfriend. I had to point at you and basically tell him to back off.

Zee's protective instincts kicked in, but he managed a small smile.

Zee: Well, I'm glad you handled it. People can be so... persistent.

Nunew nodded, a hint of irritation in his eyes.

Nunew: Yeah, but it's okay now. Let's enjoy our dessert and forget about it.

As they dug into their cake and ice cream, the incident faded into the background. The sweetness of the treats and the shared moments brought a sense of ease.

Zee, enjoying the sweet treats at the cafe, turned to Nunew with a smile.

Zee: So, where to next? Any specific place you have in mind?

Nunew, with a glint of excitement in his eyes, shared his ideas.

Nunew: How about we check out Bulgari or Cartier for some elegant accessories that could complement our suits? And then maybe head to another store for some stylish footwear?

Zee nodded, embracing the idea.

Zee and Nunew continued to enjoy their dessert, savoring the sweet flavors of cake and ice cream. Zee, ever the thoughtful one, reminded Nunew about staying hydrated.

Zee: Don't forget to drink your water, especially after all those sweets. We don't want you getting too sugared up.

Nunew chuckled at Zee's concern and nodded in agreement.

Nunew: You're right. Thanks babe!

He took a sip of water, appreciating the refreshing contrast to the sweetness of the dessert.