Part 8

𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I felt the familiar flash of a heartbeat I do when I shook Naoto's hand. Next thing I knew, I was standing in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection.

I'm back. And... everything seems to be alright. Undoubtedly, Naoto's alive. I panted, tears brimming in my eyes as I clenched my fists in victory and happiness. A sense of relief flooding my whole body.

I'm in a tuxedo inside the men's washroom, for god knows what. Suddenly, I hear the bells ringing. Bells ringing and me in a tuxedo, could it be!? No way!

Blood rose to my cheeks as I felt the heat, realizing what was happening right now. It's my wedding! I promised Hina that we'd marry in 12 years from then, and it's finally happening. I didn't expect this so soon! 

I dashed out of the washroom, shocked still, only to see Hina-chan standing in the corridors, waiting for me. 

"You're late! jeez," she called out to me. I flinched hearing her sweet voice, "the wedding reception is about to start, y'know!" She said.

"Hi-hina!" I stammered, completely flustered. Finally, it has come to this. Finally, everything's alright.

Before I knew it, she yanked my arm and started dragging me, "you don't make the groom wait, okay!?" she yelled.

"Groom? what's going on?... I-I can't catch up..."

"It's Hayashida-kun's wedding today! What're you talking about?" Hina said, but I didn't recognize who this Hayashida-kun might be. I don't get anything, man! What's happening, right now? 

"You're late, Takemitchy." A voice, a familiar one, said. 

"Hurry up and sit down," another followed.

A string of clapping emersed from the crowd as I looked at the center of attention. I found that figure standing, neatly dressed and holding a woman's hand. 

"Hayashida-kun.. is Pah-chin?" I mumbled.

"Hey now, Pah-chin's still yapin', y'know?" Draken turned his head to me, his lips twirling up.

"You're all terrible, aren't you?" Chifuyu said, matter of factly.

My heart pulsated at the sight of seeing everyone joyful. Everyone's alive and happy. It's a good sight to look at. My efforts...'ve finally become fruitful. I've finally succeeded.

"What's the matter?" Hina glistened her irises towards me.

"I-I sorta can't believe this..." Tears dripped from my eyes as I said with a satisfied smile. With so much happening, I missed something incredibly important. From the last time I leaped into future, Hina was dying in front of me and now, she's dressed as beautifully as ever.

"Now it's time to cut the cake!" The words buzzed through my ears. 

"C'mon Pah-chin, show us your manliness!" Kazutora-kun flashed his phone up, a grin plastered on his face.

"Shut up!" Pah-chin got flustered.

"I know, Takemitchi-kun," I turned my head as Hina's spoke, "that you just came back from 12 years ago." She squeezed my hand under the table, "it's amazing the age you were back then, is the same age as me now. I've waited long for this day to come."

"This isn't a dream, right?" 

"Want me to pinch your cheeks?" Hina said, "I wasn't the only one waiting..."

"It's hilarious, huh? we've all been waiting for you but you, you just left us, didn't you?" Chifuyu grinned.

"It's a ridiculous story, huh. We've all been waiting for you." Draken said.

They both thanked me in unison as I sniffled.

"Hey! That table over there! What're ya getting hyped up for? I'm the star, y'know!" Pah-chin pointed.

"Idiot, the star is the bride, not you. You're just a supporting character," Draken snickered.

Pah-chin inherited his family's business and became super rich, Peh-yan is obviously his manager. Mitsuya-kun is an amateur yet a promising fashion designer. Hakkai is working as a model overseas and Yuzuha-chan is his manager. The Kawata brothers have a ramen shop. Chifuyu owns a pet shop and Kazutora-kun assists him with that. Draken-kun and Inupi run a bike shop. 

"Takemichi-kun," I heard my name being called out, "it's finally time, huh?"

I turned to see Naoto in front of me. Alive. 

"You accomplished it after all," he said. I took him by surprise when I pulled him into a hug.

"I'm so happy you're alive," I expressed.

"Well, since I'm the trigger, if I die, you can't time leap," he had a warm look on his face.

"That's true! but..."

"Takemichi-kun... mission complete."

I pulled back to see the bride's flower bouquet landing on Hina's hand. 

"It's a world where my sister's alive."

Yeah... it's the best future till now with everyone present... everyone.

"Hey, where's Mikey-kun?"  

"He's running a restaurant overseas so he couldn't come..." Draken said as Chifuyu continued the sentence, "it's been a huge hit for him! He was planning to come but he had work to do."

"He wanted to see you too," Draken said.

"Wahhh! that's awesome! As expected from him..." I said. 

************************************************************