Part 14

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I came home. It was dark, I mean, of course, it was. Mikey, I had to find him and tell him what had all happened to me today. He must have been in our room. Or the kitchen. Maybe the bathroom. Fuck it, I bet my life that he's on the terrace. If he's in our room, then he's engrossed in his memories, and it would be hard to talk to him. If he's in the kitchen, then he's probably indulging in his unhealthy diet. If he's on the terrace, then he's definitely staring into the distance as the city buzzed with chaos below him.

He wasn't depressed; he was just emotionally exhausted. Functioning yet empty. The perfect example of 'dead on the inside.'

Even though I had laid plenty of directions in front of him to follow, he seemed to just remain still where he was. That irritated me, but it was my job to get him on track. I thought, in all those years, I'd gotten him used to the life of violence. Where everything meant violence or death. Where all he knew was how to kill. I thought he embraced this life of brutality, but I was wrong. He still knew how to protect. He still knew how impulsive he was. He still knew the promise he made years ago. How loyal of him to still stand on that useless promise.

I did not understand what was with him; he's always alone, isolating himself. I tried to get him to look at those people we left behind physically, and he refused me outright. Being hurtful if needed, but I, obviously, didn't mind that.

He definitely wasn't on the same page as me and everybody else in Bonten. I guess, I was the one who was just a step ahead. As always, that was expected. Others were just hell-bent on creating chaos in society and having their way as they pleased, but no one dared to mess with them and here I am trying my best to persuade Mikey to kill them. Those bunch of people who should have been reduced to futile memories for Mikey. But no, he still thought about them.

But that was alright. He was just feeling vacant and uninterested in life. I know that feeling very well. He thought that killing all his 'dear friends and family' would just contribute to this negative feeling of his, and he couldn't bring himself to shamelessly break that promise. I just have to convince him that, no, he would break free from those imaginary limitations he had set on himself when he kills them. Because it was true. That's how that promise had affected him.

Anyway, I checked our room.

I walked towards the stairs and up to the second floor. Cut to our room, he wasn't there.

Bathroom, nah.

I'm stupid. I'll have to walk down the stairs once again to check the kitchen. Nuisance.

I did that, and now I'm certain he was on the terrace. I climbed back to the second floor, straight to the very corner of the spacious area and opened the door. I reached the glass-fenced terrace through the rotating staircase.

There he was. The scene was too good of a sight to disturb. It was jet black surrounding us from above, then there's those shiny lights, sparkling from beneath and reflecting artistically on the glass panes. It gave a neonic look to them and added hue to Mikey's pale hair. His hair flew gently with the wind. It was graceful. His eyebags would be a cherry on top, playing a part in his gloomy yet powerful aesthetic. Then he's in all-black wear. His hands were in his pockets as he stared ahead with his head low. Stared at the lively life of the place. 

"What are you doing there?" His monotonous voice shocked me, but it was not much of a surprise that he knew I was present.

"What are you doing here?" I reflected the question back at him. Of course, he didn't answer that. I knew that, so I moved closer and rested my elbows on the railing, my back against the glass beside him. "Do you know what happened today?"

He only hummed as a response, but I know he's interested and listening. "I went to that newly formed club, it's beautiful to be made in just some months, but alright. And then, you know how that place works, right? I said that and someone shouted if that applies to me as well. Of course, I said no." 

"Oh," was all he said as he met my eyes, softly gazing at me. I continued eye contact because why not, man? He turned his head to the ground and stepped back, grabbed my waist and harshly pulled me closer as he clashed on my lips. That was surely deep and sudden. I took a fistful of his t-shirt in my hand unknowingly. His cold palm covered my closed hand resting on the railing tightly. I melted right when he inserted his tongue in my mouth, slothfully exploring my mouth which he has done so many times before. But still, every time we connect, he has the same feelings. The same intensity.

Now, I don't know if that intensity is from his actual love for me, or it is because of those buried emotions for his fucking friends. Yet again, they enter and ruin the moment for me. 

I usually don't take an active part in these things because I'm so much more used to letting shit happen to me rather than doing anything. But with someone who's not completely all about me, like my brother was, I taught myself to make a move. I let him have more space inside my mouth as I loosened the grip on his t-shirt, snaking it to his neck to push him closer. His hand moved on my torso, stopping at the high-rise belt I wore as he undid them quickly, sliding them till above my knees. His hand went inside my inner, and hell, it was cold, so I shifted to avoid contact automatically, but then he pulled me closer as I took some seconds to get used to the coldness.

Then his phone rang. Why do people exist? He separated from me while I stared at him reaching for his phone in his pocket and picking it up without minding the caller. 

"Do not call me at this time." He said in a hushed voice after some moments. Mikey has a certain way with words. Especially in all these past years and now. But that's kind of expected knowing the reputation he had back then. The charisma and all. People agree with him without him being physical, and even his words are enough to make people shudder.

Then he turned around with a sigh. Of course, he's gonna leave now. I retraced his steps later, as well. 

********************************************************