4. Ever-charming Steven Stone

After dropping off Steven at the Jubilife grand hotel, Luna returned home on Blimp, her driftblim. Thinking on her way home, she came to realise how nice Steven had been. Of course, they met before, but he was highly suspicious of her before, not knowing who she really was in Kalos, and being forced to trust and battle alongside her to take down team Flare. It was the first time they actually spent time together normally. It was nice. Something about him made her feel warm inside. She didn't like it. she already knew she had developed a bit of a crush on the Hoenn champion.

When she arrived home it was practically her dinner time. Julia questioned her where she had been and she explained her afternoon to her, neglecting to mention the gift she was preparing for Jule.

"So...Steven Stone huh?" Julia said knowingly. Luna looked up from her plate at the dinner table. Julia chuckled.

"What?"

"Nothing...nothing." Julia said with a smirk. Luna ignored her nanny and continued eating. Julia had made sweet and spicy honey garlic tofu. Her favourite dish, she absolutely adored spicy food, it was quite common in Sinnoh. Some say it was because it helped keep its people warm during Sinnoh's harsh cold weather.

"He's just... a friend." Luna thought about her own words. Were they friends? Surely they were, right? She didn't really know him, and they didn't have very much in common. However he did give her a mega stone.

"A very generous friend, I see." Julia went on, with a smug look on her face.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Luna swiftly changed topic. But before long, dinner was over.

-

The next morning, Luna got up extra early to prepare for the meeting. Some days ago Cynthia had briefed her on it and Luna had prepared some notes and ideas to propose. She left for Jubilife early, skitty in her arms as Blimp drifted through the sky in no hurry, north, to Jubilife. That night, she remembered was also the championship dinner at the Pokémon league. Julia had helped her make her own dress for it, but she was nervous for it all the same.

Brushing off the snow, stepping into Jubilife grand hotel, Victor greeted her in the lobby.

"Ah Luna! You're early, wonderful! I was hoping we could get some coffee before the meeting; we have much to discuss." He said, stuffing his hands in his suit pocket, when suddenly a phone rang. It was Victor's. He answered. "Ah hello dear! ... yes of course...yes the flight is tomorrow....will do! Goodbye my darling!" He chirped happily into the phone. "My wife," He said to Luna. "She congratulates you on your championship."

"Ah, thank you." Luna still wasn't used to receiving so many congratulations yet.

Victor and Luna reached the top floor where he lead her to a separate room with a small kitchenette, Cynthia was there, pouring freshly brewed coffee. "Ah Cynthia, perfect, you're here! I was just going to brief Luna here on today's meeting." Cynthia smiled warmly at the older man, getting two more cups out of the cupboard.

"Ah that's alright! I already briefed her, I think she's prepared already." She said, pouring coffee carefully. The plumes of steam rose from the three mugs. Victor clapped his hands enthusiastically.

"Oh, perfect Cynthia, simply perfect!" They proceeded to chat for the next half hour about the upcoming spring festival. Once winter was over in Sinnoh, the Battle Park season would begin. The Battle Park was an area in an island northeast of Sinnoh, where some of the greatest Pokemon trainers would gather each spring to compete in the Battle tower. It also coincided with Sinnoh's mid spring festival. The trio agreed that it would have to be massive this year to attract plenty of tourists. It was exciting, and Luna was ready to talk about it in the meeting.