1. Where it started

23 years ago.

The woman screamed as Cyrus plunged the knife into her, she was caught off guard and stumbled backwards towards the edge of the ledge, when suddenly it appeared.

Giratina.

The distortion world was dark, strange, silent. The Pokemon's scream cut through the air as it rushed at the man a few meters away, throwing his pokemon off the ground and into the void if they got in Giratina's path. Cyrus eyes widened the moment it approached; one last thought passed through his mind seconds before the pokemon killed him.

This was not the end.

Cyrus' body was engulfed with darkness as the Giratina's power unleashed over the man. It was Cyrus' end, but the story had just begun. Giratina turned to the woman bleeding at the edge of the floating landmass, knife through her side, she was clutching her stomach as she looked up at the dark beast with teary eyes.

"I have to get back..." She said weakly, but they both knew she wouldn't make it. Giratina was still, examining the woman before her, she had attempted to stop Cyrus from wielding its power. It was grateful. But even Giratina could not save the woman. Suddenly she grunted, panting heavily, the beast watched.

She was with child.

Perhaps she would not make it, but the distortion world was no place for a premature newborn. "Please.... Please I beg you...." Tears were streaming down the woman's face. "The child must live!" the woman screamed in harmony with the howl of her Luxray. Giratina faced the void, and instantly a whirpool of darkness formed, a portal.

The Luxray tugged at her clothes, the child was close, Giratina watched in silence. The woman, still crying ripped a hole in the fabric between her legs, which was soaked with amniotic fluid. Screams filled the distortion world as the delivery went on.

The child came swift and fast, a tiny thing, no more than 30 centimetres. The woman tore off her jacket and wrapped the thing in it, it didn't cry, it didn't open its eyes, it was silent, but breathing. Giratina finally moved. It approached the child, a made a low rumble, from its mouth a plume of dark smoke surrounded the child. It mewed and squirmed then settled, the child seemed to be asleep. The luxray sniffed the child, then carefully held it by the fabric of the jacket in its mouth, like its young, and turned towards the portal, leaving the woman, its trainer bleeding, sweating, crying on the ledge. It was time.

The luxray turned around one last time, to look at its trainer, her eyes fluttered open.

"Goodbye, my child."

The luxray lept into the portal.

-

Present

-

Julia was waiting for her at the airport. She had just came back from Kalos after the Kalos disaster had been averted by her and Champion Steven Stone as well as the trainers Serena and Alain. Julia was her sort-of aunt. She had raised her, in twinleaf town, on the farm. The two were not blood related, you see, Julia was her mother's maid. The young woman walked out and engulfed Julia in a hug.

"Its good to see you again, dear."

"Good to see you to Jule" the young woman said.

"I was so worried about you, and when you pulled that stunt in lumiose city, Arceus I thought you were going to die..." Julia teared up and pulled her sort-of niece into a hug.

"I was perfectly fine, Plus I have my whole team with me" the young woman gave a small delicate smile.

"Still, Luna, you must be more careful."