Chapter 5- The new student

"Alright, class, we have a new student to welcome into our classroom today!" Shino sensei enthusiastically called out to his students, which earned him confused looks.

"New student?" Everyone started questioning.

"This is so unusual,"

"Yeah."

'New student, huh?' Brooke thought to herself nonchalantly as she placed her hand on her cheek with her elbow resting on the table. She was sitting in her usual place in the front row. On her left side was Shikadai, and her right side was empty because Liz didn't come today.

"Come on in Mitsuki, this is your new classmates. Introduce yourself." Shino sensei continued, then the door slowly opened to reveal a boy with golden eyes. The boy had tousled white-blue hair, thin eyebrows, and a pale complexion.

"Ah!" The girls in the class were caught off guard by his good looks. Even Brooke and Sarada had to admit he looked different, in a good way, of course.

"My name is Mitsuki. I'm from the Hidden Sound Village." The boy's words made his new classmates gasp.

"It's only natural that you are all surprised." Shino sensei calmed down his class.

"Hidden Sound Village was established by a shinobi whose goal was to destroy the Hidden Leaf. However, that was all in the past. It is now being reconstructed as a new shinobi village. Mitsuki's come to our village to represent our new harmonious relationship."

As Shino sensei continued his explanation of Mitsuki's arrival as a sign of new friendship between the villages, the new kid was staring at a certain blonde girl with a smile on his face.

"Hmm?" Brooke noticed and was slightly confused.

"I wonder what sort of jutsu does he uses.." Iwabe remarked.

"He's pretty good-looking!" Wasabi commented, and most of the girls nodded as they thought the same.

"Yeah...."

"He's really cute..."

"Are you guys listening?" Shino yelled while nobody paid attention.

"E-Everyone, please be quiet during homeroom!" The class rep ordered.

"Anyway, hurry and take a se-" Shino didn't get the chance to finish as Mitsuki had already started walking away.

'Seriously? These girls act like they've never met a guy before.' Brooke thought. 'And he's not that hand-' Brooke was interrupted from her thoughts when the new kid suddenly stood in front of her. '-some..'

"Can I sit there?" Mitsuki asked, referring to the right seat next to her.

Brooke almost said no before she remembered that Liz hadn't come today and this place was empty. "Y-Yes?"

"He's so handsome!" The girls started whispering again.

"Too bad he has his eye on her...!" Some girls glared at Brooke from the corner of their eye as the new kid took a seat next to her.

"Anyway!" The blonde girl cleared her throat. "I'm Brooke Uzumaki. Nice to meet you, Mitsuki."

"Brooke..." The boy repeated. "That's a beautiful name." He gave her a closed eye smile.

"Eh..?!" For some reason, Brooke felt her cheeks heat up.

"So jealous!..." some girls whined a bit.

"T-Thank...you..?" Brooke wasn't sure how to respond.

"Pff..."

"Shut up, Shikadai!" The blonde girl warned sharply as she could see his teasing smile from the corner of her eye.