Chapter 2- daddy issues

~PRESENT~~

It wasn't long after that a single train cart burst through the air and crashed into the stone face of the 7th Hokage on the cliffside, revealing Brooke, who then started loudly declaring her presence.

Everyone on the ground stared dumbfoundedly at Brooke's extravagant entrance. Especially Naruto. Due to that incident, everyone was dismissed early.

"Can you believe Brooke?" Shikadai grumbled. "She should have informed us in advance if she planned to make such an entrance that would cause the opening ceremony to be canceled."

"I could get more sleep." Shikadai complained as they started to disperse from the place.

Inojin's lips curled in a light smile. "No kidding."

All the students started to disperse. Then, in a blink of an eye, a ninja appeared behind Brooke. He caught her off guard, but she was quick to respond. She turned back and started throwing punches.

The ninja was skilled and managed to block every single hit. He then grabbed her hands behind her back, and her feet were no longer touching the ground.

"Time Out! Time Out!" Brooke wailed. "Sorry, big bro Konohamaru..."

"Funny, but you don't even look a little bit sorry. And starting today, you'll call me sensei!"

"Huh?" Brooke grumbled. "Well, that just sounds weird."

"What do you mean weird?!" He scolded.

As Brooke and Konohamaru were argumening, Liz was slowly coming out of the train.

"Oh hey! Liz! Are you doing okay? We made in time for the ceremony entrance!" Brooke suddenly yelled to her.

Konohamaru jaw dropped at that. "W-What! You got another kid involved in this madness of yours!?" he yelled, eyes wide.

"So what, we're fine." Brooke assured nonchalantly.

"What's fine about all this?!" Konohamaru scolded again.

"Yeah, yeah." Brooke replied nonchalantly.

"You are So -!" Konohamaru started again the scolding, making Liz smile.

"Also, I'm never going to call you sensei." Brooke began teasing nonchalantly again.

"What with that attitude!" Konohamaru grabbed her harder.

"Ouch, ouch." Brooke wailed as she tried to free herself from his hold.

"Brooke, why wouldn't you try listening sometime!.."

"Ouch! ouch."

____________________

Later,

After everyone was released home early. One of Liz's father's employees came to pick her up, and Brooke was left to wait outside the Hokage's office for her sentencing.

Brooke didn't get to talk to Liz much, but from their brief conversation, it turns out that Liz doesn't remember anything that happened before she got on the train. She only remembers that she was on her way to the opening ceremony. Everything she did felt like someone else did it. As if someone was controlling her.

"I wish I could talk to her more, Ugh. " Brooke groaned. Then, she looked down at her feet. "Maybe in the academy."

'If I'm still here...'

The only reason she joined the academy was to prove to her father that she was capable. But now, with the recent events that happened, Brooke has to stick around to help. That's why she hopes she won't be kicked out of the academy.