From the Beginning Pt.3

Just thought I'd say that I altered the plot a bit. This is taking place after the defeat of the Wens and Wei Wuxians death(13 years later). I also added events that weren't originally in the novel or I just altered the place and time.

- - - - - - - - - - 

It wasn't until the conference at the Carp Tower that Jiang Cheng was able to see Lan Xichen again. 

His brother had been dead for 13 fucking years and a damn stranger said he saw the Yiling Patriarch and now there's a meeting held at the Jin Residence because fucking Jin GuangYao thinks that it's a "major concern". 

Jiang Cheng wanted to rip off the Jin's throat so he wouldn't be able to whisper another word about his brother ever again. No matter how much he convinced himself to hate his brother, he couldn't. This was his brother, the one person who he had leaned on when times were hard, even though he was jealous of him, for having had a perfect life with his stupid, annoying bitch of a husband, he couldn't hate him. 

Jiang Cheng sat there in silence, clenching his fist as random men talked trash about his brother. 

"Will you shut the fuck up??!!" Jiang Chen lost it. Everyone had a limit and he reached his. 

But the reaction he got from the sect leaders was annoying. They smirked and Jiang Cheng swore he saw another roll his eyes at him. Zidian was glowering. 

"I thought Sect Leader Jiang loathed his brother, eh? I heard your brother's death was your---never mind. Or is that just a lie? Are you also into the same thing as him?" 

Jiang Cheng sneered at him. "I thought Sect Leader, was as humble as he stated during his marriage last year, but your words today say something different. Or wait, no. We already saw how "humble" you were when your wife divorced you the same year, yeah."

The man's eyes widened as he turned red in shame. One's wife divorcing you is the same as being seen naked in public. 

In a moment of panic he rose to point out how allegedly "horrific" the Yiling Patriarch was and the slander stirred again, much to Jiang Cheng's annoyance. the purple robes cultivator was on the verge of losing his sanity when a calm voice spoke in turn. 

"I don't think it's very mannered of one to talk about another like this is it?" Lan Xichen's rather annoyed voice cut through their words and Jiang Cheng turned in shock. Lan Xichen had not been present today, for a reason he did not know about. He was 99% that was why Jin GuangYao let these stupid sect leaders run their mouths over his brother. 

Jiang Cheng took a good look at Lan Xichen. He hadn't seen Lan Xichen in -- so long and he looked as regal as the first day he saw him -- maybe even better. 

"Especially now, that it is my brother-in-law we are talking about. Consider yourself lucky my brother is not here today." Lan Xichen loudly stated as he sat down at his respective spot, which was empty yet sated as due to procedure. 

No one had ever mentioned anything (publicly) about the marriage of Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. This might have been the first time someone said anything about it. And it came as more of a shock to others since it was the revered Zewu-jun saying it. Jiang Cheng watched as everyone shut their mouths under the hard glare of Lan Xichen. He was thankful someone was at his side. 

"A-Yao, did not stop them?" Lan Xichen smiled at his sworn brother who smiled back, but it was so fake Jiang Cheng could see through it as if it were transparent.

"I was just about to Er-ge." Jiang Cheng lowly scoffed, rolling his eyes. 

"Just about to my ass. We've been slandering my brother for an hour at most now, Sect Leader Jin. Was your "just about to" late to class?"

Jin GuangYao turned bright red. Jiang Cheng had quite the reputation for running his mouth. He was quite glad Jin Ling wasn't here today. HIs little nephew was fond of his Uncle Jin, mostly because eh was the only relative he had left in his father's side of the family. The little boy respected the Sect Leader even though Jiang Cheng did not. And Jiang Cheng would never get in the way of Jin Ling and who he chooses to have relations with. 

"Sect Leader Jiang." Lan Xichen pressed and Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes ignoring him. He turned to the crowd of Sect Leader's sitting posily alongside each other, ugly glares on their faces.

"I don't give a fuck if you trash my brother inside this room, but if I hear a word about him outside of this tower, your neck will meet my sword." Jiang Cheng growled before leaving the hall. 

Another moment spent under that seat, he would have been considering murder. Of course Lan Xichen would side with Jin Guangyao, no matter what. They're sworn brothers after all. But a part of him wanted Lan Xichen for him, to support him, to belong to him--

What am I saying!

Jiang Cheng uttered a curse before mounting Sandu. He was not returning to Lanling anytime soon. 

To Be Continued -- 

- - - - - - -

I quite missed how fun writing Xicheng stories was. But I'm back now. Also, I'm horrible at writing comebacks so I'm terribly sorry if they were cringy to read. 😭🫠

<3