Chapter 91 - Pleasant Surprise

The formerly well-guarded Tianqi House is now completely deserted as all the guards have been dispatched to different places probing for information, leaving only one man and one woman keeping watch in the dimly lit and alarmingly quiet attic.

"Eighth Brother, do you think something could have happened at home?"

This question was asked by Ye Huailing, who was forcefully taken away in the afternoon by the unexpected appearance of guards while she was attending classes in the women's school. She only knew something big had happened when she arrived at Tianqi House and cried on the spot due to anxiety yet she could not render any help but waited around until now, feeling tired and hungry with an indescribable tormented heart still hanging in her throat.

Ye Huaixin was also anxious but still comforted her spiritedly, "Don't worry. In any case, the Ye family is still a century old clan whom they dare not touch rashly before locating the real evidence."

"The evidence ..."

"The evidence has been given to Yuanshu to take along to Shuzhong." Ye Huaixin paused with slight penitence as he gripped both her shoulders, "Ling'er, Yuanshu wanted to stay behind with you but I forcibly let someone take him away. Do you blame me?"

"How could I blame you?" Raising her voice slightly, Ye Huailing was full of determination, "If this situation is known earlier, you should have left with him too."

Stroking her hair, Ye Huaixin was deeply relieved yet unable to hide a sigh, "Now that we are embroiled in crises, how can I abandon the whole family and flee alone? Not to mention Uncle and Aunt do not know we are doing these things, how unsuspecting can they be? I will protect them even if I risk my own life!"

Ye Huailing said softly, "Eighth Brother, we are family so why are you still saying this sort of thing? I believe my parents will not blame us. Even a young woman like me can grasp the principle of righteousness, they will unlikely not understand it too."

"That said ..." Ye Huaixin sighed deeply again without saying anything more.

Not knowing how long later when small movements were finally detected from downstairs. Looking down through the window gap and seeing that it was Ci Yuan, Ye Huaixin finally dropped his guard and spontaneously opened the door to meet him.

"How's the situation?"

Ci Yuan was still breathing heavily, evidently rushing all the way here but he still reported the matters coherently.

"Taking the people along, this subordinate secretly circled around the clan home a few times and found that there were people guarding the residence overtly and secretly, so we could not get close. Luckily we chanced upon the guard-changed, hence this subordinate took the opportunity to sneak into the residence."

"Is the family safe and sound?" Ye Huaixin asked anxiously.

"Reporting to Young Master, everything is fine." Ci Yuan paused then raised his head suddenly to look at him, "Old Master and Madam said that while those people have yet to find you and Ninth Young Miss, they asked you to leave the city as soon as possible and do not need to worry about them."

Ye Huaixin was slightly startled then spat out two words decisively, "No way!"

"I won't leave either!" Ye Huailing refused in wake. Her pair of eyes resembled the accumulative rain-over small puddles on the wet ground.

Remaining silent for a moment, Ci Yuan repeated Ye Xun's words once again. It was nothing more than an argument of reducing casualties that one should flee if able to do so, which neither of them could accept when another group of people returned during this stalemate.