Chapter 65 - New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve, the night is bright with the deafening sound of firecrackers while there is a lot of laughter both inside and outside of King Lan mansion.

Just like previous years, those who should go home for New Year have gone home, such as Meng Chen, Lu Heng and Tang Qingfeng but the King mansion is several times livelier than last year, with Ye Huailing and Pei Yuanshu setting off fireworks in the front yard, Chu Jinglan and Ye Huaixin sat in the main hall discussing political affairs while Ye Huaiyang took up the responsibility of the mistress as she ordered the servants methodically.

The candlelights were brightly illuminated and the feast was in full swing at the beginning of xushi (7pm-9pm).

"It's still Brother-in-law who is generous in coming up with this ten-year ruilu wine. The flavor is indeed exceptional. Younger Brother will drink first as a toast!"

Raising his head, Ye Huaixin emptied the cup in one gulp while Chu Jinglan raised his cup too. Before placing his cup down, he caught sight of a red sleeve quietly dodging away from his side. Raising his dashing eyebrows, he immediately yanked that restless hand back.

"Not behaving again?"

Originally wanting to take advantage of the frenziness, the small face of Ye Huaiyang crumpled at once as she spoke pitifully, "I want to eat the black bean peppered chicken slices..."

Ignoring her, Chu Jinglan turned to look at Yue'ya and said, "Put those spicy dishes farther away."

Readily accepting what's right, Yue'ya pulled her sleeve back then stepped forward to move the poached sliced ​​beef in hot chili oil, chopped pepper fish head, fermented bean curd with winter bamboo shoots and other dishes on the other side of the round table one after another. This time Ye Huaiyang was unable to reach even if she leaned her body over and could only look on helplessly as others feasted with great relish while her drool nearly dribbled to the ground.

"Xin'er..."

She turned her target in good time, believing her own younger brother would bestow special treatment or help her by saying some words of persuasion but who knew Ye Huaixin just glanced at her coolly without any intention of extending a helping hand and even said, "Elder Sister, your throat is still unwell. It's better to abstain your mouth, don't be so inane."

Covering her mouth, Ye Huailing chortled.

"You are all rebelling against me!" Ye Huaiyang flared up from embarrassment.

"I think you are the one who is rebelling." Turning her body around, Chu Jinglan conveniently ladled a spoonful of almond chuanbei lean meat soup to her lips, "Be obedient, drink the soup first."

The person who was still immensely angry just now immediately stopped complaining. Glancing at the teasing gaze of the few people around the table, her face gradually blushed.

How could he feed her in the presence of so many people? This really leaves her too embarrassed to even show her face!

Chu Jinglan had no qualms as his dark eyes looked at her firmly like the bright stars on the horizon that forcibly bedazzled and coddled her as she unwittingly finished drinking the soup.

Smiling slyly, Ye Huailing commented, "This is not just any relieving cough and lung nourishing soup. From what I see, it's evidently the bewitching soup. Just look at Seventh Sister, her pupils are not even likely to shift being mesmerized by Brother-in-law. Haha."

"A table of dishes can't even stop your mouth." Ye Huaiyang glanced annoyingly at her then turned to look at Pei Yuanshu and blurted, "I'll add twenty boxes of betrothal gifts and also provide the big sedan chair carried by eight. When will you marry this little annoying sprite?"