Chapter 58 - Return

In a blink of an eye, they have been living in Liuyue City for more than half a month. After being together day and night, their affection was getting stronger with each passing day. They are veritable indulgence in the land of warmth and tenderness, but none has forgotten that they eventually have to return to the treacherous land of Wangdu.

Chu Zhenghe came to see them off on their departure day. When no one was paying attention, he quietly whispered to Ye Huaiyang asking her to take good care of Chu Jinglan. Ye Huaiyang responded with a smile and teased him a few words in passing where he smiled without demur. The sorrow of separation faded in such a relaxed atmosphere.

The carriages and horses embarked on the return journey.

On the day they arrived at Wangdu, the weather was surprisingly good. The snow had just begun to melt all around Yinchuan while red lanterns hung along the streets and alleys, waiting for the coming of New Year.

Just like before, there was someone gracefully anticipating their return.

"Cousin and Cousin-in-Law, you've had a hard journey. Hurry in and take a rest."

Dressed in an emerald-green misty-cloud silk skirt, Meng Chen stood in front of the chilly entrance. With jade-like feather brows and red vermillion lips, this was evidently a meticulous dress up. There wasn't even the slightest change when those smiling eyes swept over Ye Huaiyang's face, seemingly not surprised at all to find her there.

Come to speak of it, it has already been more than three months, so any great surprises or anger should have been flushed out. Moreover, she will definitely not launch an attack at her (YHY) while facing Chu Jinglan at this moment.

Thinking of this, Ye Huaiyang revealed a profound smile before facing Chu Jinglan and spoke, "Husband, I will go back to the clan home first, so I won't go in."

Turning to the side, Chu Jinglan gripped her arm and exhorted in a low voice, "Come home early."

"I know." Brimming over with happiness, Ye Huaiyang immediately returned to the carriage.

The intimate interaction between these two fell into Meng Chen's eyes and almost caused her to gnash her silver teeth to pieces - those six years in Northern Land, had she ever seen Chu Jinglan speak so tenderly to any women? Ye Huaiyang's reaction further made her heart drop to the lowest ebb. A little coquettishness in her softness, seemingly complaining about Chu Jinglan's strict control. Where was the appearance before they left? It's not even an exaggeration to call them an old married couple!

The most important thing is that she is also a woman. Any gestures of Ye Huaiyang brings out the charm of being a wife while the corners of her eyes and the tips of her brows even suffused with stirrings of love, which she (Meng Chen) could perfectly see. That is by no means the look of unrequited love. The two of them ... probably have been together for a long time.

Three months, just briefly three short months, could so easily offset those six years of their mutual dependency and familiarity.

Meng Chen felt a sharp stab in her heart and almost wept on the spot. With great difficulty, she held back the sourness that came up her eyes and was no longer able to bring up her smiling expression. She could only stare fixedly at that distant carriage with hands clenched firmly. As the red nails stabbed her palms, the anguish and hatred by unbridled jealousy engulfed her like the river water out of a broken dyke.

Who would have known that someone on the other side was upset too?

"Young Miss, are you so confident to let Wangye be left alone with that woman?"

Raising her eyebrows, Ye Huaiyang asked coldly, "Could you possibly deal with the things that have accumulated in the clan home for me?"

"That's not what Nubi meant," Yue'ya pouted, seemingly sulking at someone when she finally couldn't stomach it and poured everything out, "You just don't know, when we passed through Yunzhou, while you were shopping for Ninth Young Miss on this side, Wangye on the other side also had Imperial Guard Tang bought the same thing for that woman. She is perhaps so happy now..."