Full Circle

General POV

Sydney woke up two days after her brothers left feeling weak, the stress and depression taking its toll on her body. Matt had been noticing that ever since her brothers left, Sydney has not been herself. For the past two nights she would sleep next to Matt in his bed, not that he minded, but she had nightmares. He was scared for his friend, she was beginning to deteriorate before his very eyes. He called the only person he could think of, he called Elena.

Stefan POV

It took everything in me to leave her, her screams and cries for us to not leave her echoed in my mind. She needed to understand that we were doing this for her. Out of everyone, she is the one who deserves to live her life. My sister took care of me and watched over both Damon and I, we owe her our lives. I didn't want to leave Elena either, but this was something I needed to do, this was family. Family above all.

"Will you stop writing in that stupid diary? I know you want to write down every thought and feeling you have of every second of the day, but seriously take a break sometime." Damon joked. I rolled my eyes, he would crack a joke at a time like this. "Ok we don't even know where we're going, so can we at least figure that out." I reasoned. Damon nodded, clearly he had already thought of this before. "How do you feel about New Orleans?" Damon asked. I sighed and remembered the last time Damon and I were there.

Sydney POV

I decided to start my day off by going to the Boarding House, I needed to face this head on. I drove there and sucked in a breath when I walked in. It looked vacant, and I was not surprised to find that Samantha had left the property. I was in denial, they might come back alive. I grabbed a glass of Damon's bourbon, but I could not bring myself to drink it. In a fit of rage I threw it against the wall and brushed my hands through my hair.

I was on the verge of tears when I heard an all too familiar voice behind me. "Tough week?" Jesse asked. I scoffed, pulling myself together. "You can say that again. And why are you still here, I would have thought you left when they did." I said, not being able to say my brother's names. "I told you, I'm here to help." He took a couple of steps toward me, leaving about a foot between us.

"You sound like a broken record to me. I don't need your help, and I don't want it." I told him. Jesse closed the space between us and took my hand. "Don't do that. Don't shut me out. Let me help you." He stated. I looked at him and challenged him, "You want to help me? Then tell me everything you know and get out."

Jesse looked right in my eyes, "I know that you can't be compelled. I know you love Klaus. You also love Elijah, and I'm not so sure about Kol. You are the most powerful creature on this earth and yet you don't use your powers. I know that I can help you tap into the deepest and darkest magic, and you can defeat Eben like that." He made the point by snapping his fingers. This was exactly what Jesse would say, 'use your magic to your advantage. It doesn't matter who you hurt, it's about surviving, it is about yourself over everyone else.'

I shook my head, I would not stoop to his level. He knew that if I used my dark magic frequently, then I would lose control, and I was not willing to let that happen.

Stefan POV

"The last time I was here I was looking for a witch to open the tomb, but I got side tracked with a sire bond. The witch broke it, if there's anyone who can get us information, it's her." Damon explained while we were walking down Bourbon Street. We came to a stop at a store. Damon's expression told me that this was the place, and I opened the door. A woman stood at the back and said politely, "Can I help you gentleman?" Damon being blunt as ever replied, "Yeah, I'm looking for a witch. Sorry, no time for pleasantries." The woman looked at us, "I'm sorry I don't understand."