Chap. 33 - Final Act

Slannesh: - HOW DARE YOU!? -

The angry voice of the god shook every portion of the immaterium. The anger, the rage, the immaculate lack of control that the deity emanated was such that even Khorne himself would be tempted.

Kanan had no chance to utter a word, as his warp astral projection was launched miles away as Slannesh struck him with his barely controlled rage. The white-haired ork fell to the insistent ground, bouncing and spinning again and again, doing his best to avoid any fatal blow.

The wounds in the body are painful without a doubt, but insignificant compared to the wounds received in the soul itself. Kanan experienced that pain firsthand, even though he had no physical body on which his receptors were activated, but without a doubt his pain had never before been so devastating.

????: - He resists. -

Kanan did not have time to identify the mysterious voice that was whispering in his ear, because when he looked up, he could only see how the god attacked the floor with his hand, crushing it with devastating forces and his gigantic hands.

The white-haired ork would know that such a blow would undoubtedly have destroyed several of his organs, but the warp kingdom was too cruel to allow him the luxury of a quick and painless death.

Slannesh: - HOW DARE YOU DEFY ME!? I CREATED YOU... I AM YOUR MASTER! YOU MUST OBEY MY ORDERS! -

In another fit of rage, Slannesh struck the ork again, throwing him even further away than before. Metaphorically speaking, since in the realm of the immaterium concepts such as time and space are completely non-existent.

This time Kanan's fall was much more agonizing. His body did not roll over on itself... but remained stuck on the non-existent ground, in such an unnatural way that it looked like a rag doll.

His astral body hurt. It hurt like no one could imagine. He could feel his soul being torn apart with each outburst of the god's fury. He knew that Slannesh would give him a slow death, doing everything possible to provide him with as much suffering as possible. I knew... I couldn't do anything to stop it.

?????: - Get up. -

I was there. That strange voice echoed once again inside his head. He didn't know why it seemed so familiar, especially since he had never heard its loud ringing before. Kanan raised his eyes, only to see how Slannesh had one of his arms raised, ready to hit him again and slam him into the ground.

What was the point of fighting? His opponent was a god, an invincible being made of pure malice and negative thoughts. A torrent of warp energy materialized in a Machiavellian and angry Lovecraftian being. There was no chance of being able to defeat him. What was he talking about? Just thinking about facing him was already complete madness. Maybe... it would be best to just stay still... motionless... Let all that pain consume your soul and maybe... just maybe... find some eternal rest.

But not.

Kanan opened his eyes, engulfed in bloodlust clearly visible. In a last desperate attempt, he used his left hand and foot to push himself out of the path of Slannesh's attack, twisting his body to the side until he believed himself to be a safe distance away.

The god of chaos roared with fury at such insolence, while he watched with increasing anger as this pathetic mortal dared to challenge him while he barely stood up. Kanan's face showed no fear, no hatred, no anger... none of that. His angry face showed his determination. He wouldn't be broken so easily. He would not be brought to his knees against his own will. Never more.

Slannesh: - HOW DARE YOU!? YOU INSIGNIFICANT WORM! -

?????: - ¡Peléa! -

Kanan watched in terror as Slannesh attacked him once again, but this time, the god's hands showed enormous, sharp claws that could surely rip them apart with a simple touch. The ork had to roll to the side to avoid the impact, and despite everything, he could feel the shock wave that the fury of the god of chaos caused behind him.