Auntie-niece time

Today is gonna be exciting. Cassie and I haven't had a sleepover in months so that's what we're gonna do today. It's Friday so I'm picking up Cassie from school and Scott is gonna pick her up tomorrow.

I wake up at 6 am. On Fridays I only work three hours because I have 4 very long days so I see Friday as a free day. Even if I still need to work. I force my eyes open, Steve isn't in bed. I think he's in the bathroom.

I put on some other clothes and run a brush through my hair. I put it in a high ponytail and go to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. To my suprise Steve was standing in our kitchen making breakfast, it's 6 am! He can sleep until 7:30 but no.

'Good morning.' I say as I place my hand on his hip. 'Good morning, you look beautiful today.' He kisses my cheek. 'So what are you making?' 'French toast.' 'Why are you up right now?' He smiles at me.

'You had a very busy week, running a mission this big is hard so I want to treat you with breakfast.' 'Thank you handsome.' He places his hand on my ass. 'When are you picking up Cassie?' He asks. '3:45 I think.' Steve nods.

'Alright, let's eat breakfast.' I sit down at the dinging table. He puts the french toast on a plate and puts it infront of me. 'Thank you so much, I love you.' 'I love you too sweetheart.' He sits down next to me and placed his hand on my thigh.

'It's so good!' I throw my head back earning a laugh from Steve. 'Where is your food?' I ask with a bit of worry in my voice. 'I'll drink some coffee and call it breakfast.' 'Nu uh.' I stand up and grab another plate. I put one of my french toasts on the plate and put it infront of him.

'Baby, I-' 'No, I don't wanna hear it. Eat.' Steve chuckles and starts eating. 'Are you excited for today?' He asks with a big smile. 'Excited is an understatement. It feels like I finally get to take time off.' I work 7 days a week most of the time but I called out for tomorrow.

'I'm working until-' '5 I know, we live together.' Steve chuckles. 'Yeah.' He squeezes my thigh. We finish our breakfast and I get ready to leave. 'Should I come with you?' 'If you want to.' 'Of course I want to.' He stands up and gets ready too.

We leave our apartment a little while later. Walking with our hands tied in the middle of New York makes me feel proud. We arrive at the tower and Steve goes to his office. I start training Tony, Scott and Vision.

With training Scott I mean get his IQ up because he's an idiot that's about to be sended to a lab. Bruce helps me because I'm no smarty either.

After 10 am hit I got the green light to go home. I went to Steve's office and he was working with Sam and Bucky. They we're talking and I stood behind the wall to listen to the conversation.

'Have you already talked to her about it?' Sam asks. 'No, I.... I don't think she's gonna agree. Especially right now, she's leading a massive mission so she doesn't have time for it.' Steve replies, what are they talking about?

'C'mon man, you can talk to her and say you really want kids. Maybe you two can plan it afterwards.' Bucky says. 'I really don't know, she's always busy and stuff. I don't wanna put more on her plate with being pregnant and being a mother.' Sam and Bucky both sigh.

I decide to walk into their office and sit down on Steve's lap. He automatically wraps his arms around my waist. 'Hey, how did it go?' 'Scott is a little less idiot.' The guys all chuckle.

'Hey Sam, good to see you. How are you?' Sam asks himself. 'Oh I'm good Y/n thank you for asking.' He looks at me straight into my eyes. 'Hey Sam, you're stupider than my brother.' I say whilst flipping him off with my middle finger.

Steve and Bucky don't know why people do it. Sam and I do. And we do it often. Steve hides his face in the crook of my shoulder.

I stayed in their office until I had to pick up Cassie from school. I was standing on the schoolyard waiting for the holy bell to ring. That beautiful sound finally struck and Cassie was the first one of out the door. She ran towards me and jumped in my arms.